PDA

View Full Version : Linux Pro Magazine?

bug67
July 23rd, 2010, 05:35 AM
In Fairbanks, Alaska of all places, I saw a magazine rack with Linux Pro Magazine for sale. Anybody have any experience with this publication? I grabbed a subscription card out of one of them just in case. :)

pme 72
July 28th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Their Special Edition on Hardy Heron was an award winner in this beginners opinion. Now that Ubuntu has its own magazine, Ubuntu User, I do not hold much hope of seeing another Ubuntu Special Edition any time soon although I check from time to time. It looks like there was an 8.10 publication which I missed. You can get a better feel for the content of their regular subscription material from their website. Looks like serious subjects to me, way over my head.

3rdalbum
July 28th, 2010, 02:32 AM
You should check out Linux Format magazine. Depending on where you live, it could be a bit expensive, but it's a very informative and entertaining read.

ubunterooster
July 28th, 2010, 02:48 AM
I have both Linux Pro and Linux Format. Linux Pro is not for newbies (just look at the name) and I have had some seriously poor shipping variations (like getting two different issues in two days!) but overall, it is worth the high price (in US).

Khakilang
July 28th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I read Linux Format magazine from UK. It come with DVD that contain useful tips and latest Distro. That is where I install 9.10 with some extra software added instead of regular software you get from Distro download. Its very informative and fun to read.