PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] drop down menu

crashus
July 23rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
So I've been messing around with the opacity settings in ccsm and I can't figure out how to make the drop menu color completely transparent..
I can adjust the opacity in ccsm, but that also changes the opacity of the tekst, and that's not so good..

Can anyone help me achieve this??

Thanks!

crashus
July 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
oh yeah forgot so I'm running on lucid.

also I've found some references to modifying the gtkrc file, but that only helps if I would want to change color. Could I modify it to the point that only text is left in menus?

crashus
July 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Anyone?

crashus
August 11th, 2010, 01:03 AM
bump...

Frogs Hair
August 11th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Here is one way. http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/enable-rgba-transparency-in-ubuntu-910.html

nick_goodfate
August 11th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Open compiz settings manager and open opacity brightness saturation settings. On opacity tab click "new" and in window field write this "DropdownMenu" and set the opacity you want. Screenshot (http://tinypic.com/r/6hiyif/4)

crashus
August 17th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Changing opacity in compiz also makes the text transparent- that's not what I want, as I already said. I just want to get rid of, or make 100% transparent, the drop down menu background. Leaving ONLY text.

I've looked into RGBA transparency, but that also gives me almost the same result as adjusting opacity in compiz. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Njudah
March 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Was this ever solved? I am having trouble with opacity settings. I am completely new to Ubuntu/Linux.

crashus
April 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
hey- this never got solved. I wonder if there is anyone who can help with this?
just to recap the question- how to make the drop down menu background completely transparent, leaving only text? also is it possible to delete the shadow outlining the menu?

thx

Frogs Hair
April 10th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I found a thread that stated in the CCSM go to Opcify > Misc. Options > Window Match and add drop-down menus to the list . No further instructions were given as to what if any adjustments were needed after that ,

crashus
April 10th, 2011, 06:44 PM
ccsm opacity setting make the entire drop down menu transparent- including the text. so if u set it to 0, u see nothing.
I´m searching for an option that would leave the text intact