PDA

View Full Version : An odd piece of paper come with one of my gadgets, I do not know what it is

legolas_w
July 22nd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Do you know what this thing is? I can not understand whether it is the RFID tag or something else. I think it was bundled with my earbuds.

Thanks.

earthpigg
July 22nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
looks like an alarm thingie. specifically, it looks like what the cashiers remove from hardcover books when you purchase them.

take it to a book store and wave it in front of the detectors to verify.

i suggest not having any new-looking books on your person when you do this.

blur xc
July 22nd, 2010, 11:04 PM
Do you know what this thing is? I can not understand whether it is the RFID tag or something else. I think it was bundled with my earbuds.

Thanks.

My wife buys clothing for our kids that have those things sewn inside somewhere, with a dotted line and a "cut here before wearing" written on it...

It's just an anti theft device.

BM

Cuddles McKitten
July 22nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
It's a government mind-control device.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8198/tinfoilhatcat.jpg

earthpigg
July 22nd, 2010, 11:11 PM
i love the cat in that picture.

The Real Dave
July 22nd, 2010, 11:15 PM
It's an RFID alarm tag. Pop it in someone's bag :)

legolas_w
July 23rd, 2010, 08:22 AM

I will do this :D

Thank you all for the replies. I have seen RFID tags but never in this shape.

ubunterooster
July 23rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Most RFIDs I have seen carry that shape. The older anti-theft devices are a peice of metal enclosed in plastic

fatality_uk
July 23rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
I will do this :D

Thank you all for the replies. I have seen RFID tags but never in this shape.

Most likely won't work. That RFID will be linked with the stores backoffice and will be a two stage verification SKU and EAN.

clonne4crw
August 1st, 2010, 12:15 AM

Better yet, pop it in the microwave! :p

Legendary_Bibo
August 1st, 2010, 12:33 AM
I used to work at a grocery store that has a horrible alarm system. It would pretty much only beep at people who just bought their groceries. It generally didn't work. Also no one watched the front of the store and you would see someone unplug it, grab a bunch of food, and just walk out of the store.

chriswyatt
August 1st, 2010, 12:47 AM
We had an anti-theft system in our school library, someone once did a prank where they put a book under the carpet at the security gate. Every time someone went through the alarm would go off, and the librarian would of course come over and check their bags and their person to find that there's no book. :lolflag:

The system was a pathetic waste of money as you could easily get a book past there without the alarm going off, of course I never tried.

Legendary_Bibo
August 1st, 2010, 12:58 AM
We had an anti-theft system in our school library, someone once did a prank where they put a book under the carpet at the security gate. Every time someone went through the alarm would go off, and the librarian would of course come over and check their bags and their person to find that there's no book. :lolflag:

The system was a pathetic waste of money as you could easily get a book past there without the alarm going off, of course I never tried.

haha same with us. People just walked around it.

tgalati4
August 1st, 2010, 04:04 AM
Roll them up and stick them in your ear. You can pick up alien podcasts.