PDA

View Full Version : fedora btrfs?!

chris200x9
July 22nd, 2010, 10:50 PM
How do I enable btrfs in fedora 13? I read the documentation and have been trying boot options -btrfs, btrfs and linux btrfs. Nothing makes it show up as a installer format option.

ajgreeny
July 22nd, 2010, 11:29 PM
I presume it will be available at the time of partitioning your hard drive for the installation, and at no other points. You cartainly will not be able to do it with a boot option after installing, if that is what you are expecting.

Different file systems can only be changed at formatting time, other than minor changes to journaling of ext file systems afterwards, as far as I'm aware.

chris200x9
July 23rd, 2010, 12:08 AM
I presume it will be available at the time of partitioning your hard drive for the installation, and at no other points. You cartainly will not be able to do it with a boot option after installing, if that is what you are expecting.

Different file systems can only be changed at formatting time, other than minor changes to journaling of ext file systems afterwards, as far as I'm aware.

I know that. I put those boot options on the livecd and still don't get a btrfs choice. I'm so confused, no wonder I don't use fedora. :)

alfplayer
July 24th, 2010, 03:45 AM
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement?F13an

"only available for non-live images"