PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How to restore window manager to full function?

williambrab
July 22nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hello, there is an old semi-duplicate thread related to this one I am posting:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=659467

I am having the same issue as "eworthy" with Ubuntu 10.04 with Gnome as Desktop manager. The issue began this past Saturday, July, 17 2010. I was working with Virtualbox and performed some updates that popped up in the update manager. Upon reboot, I have the same issue reproduced in my user account with the exception of the ability to close the window(s) with Alt+F4. I cannot close using this key-combination and have to select Quit or Exit from the File menu.

Other user accounts on the system are unaffected by this issue. I have performed the standard removal of the profile folders for Gnome (.gconf, .gnome, .gnome2, .gnome2_private, etc), Metacity (.metacity), and Nautilus (.nautilus) without any luck. I have also performed the apt suggestion posted by "Sef" in the above-mentioned thread without any luck.

If anyone has suggestion(s) that may resolve this issue without creating a new user account, please reply to this thread to assist me.