PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] crate a usb bootable copy of windows while using ubuntu

andru183
July 21st, 2010, 08:40 PM
ive installed and have up and perfect a copy of ubuntu, thing is i need windows for recording and xna, i want to make a installer from usb as i havent one cd or dvd i can use for installing and all the quick fixes seem to be either in linux to make a linux usb installer, in windows to make a linux usb installer, or windows to make a windows installer, but i cant seem to find one for linux to make a windows installer, as in i would like a linux program to create a bootable usb of windows of a iso i already have

help?

snowpine
July 21st, 2010, 08:46 PM
Microsoft has an installer for exactly this purpose: http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool

Of course it does not run on Linux. :)

andru183
July 21st, 2010, 08:49 PM
i have 2 that dont work in linux, i understand the uncommoness of this, i mean who the hell would go back (singger s******) but i do need em both

snowpine
July 21st, 2010, 08:52 PM
As far as I know, there are two legal ways to purchase Windows: 1) on a DVD-ROM; 2) through the Microsoft store using the link above (on a Windows computer).

If you are asking how to pirate Windows, you are in the wrong place, I'm afraid. :(

andru183
July 21st, 2010, 08:55 PM
thats true, but to be fair ive already pirated it, im just tryin to install it, either way im not asking anything illegal here, you can create a back up to iso and use that, either way i got it working with gparted, thanks!