PDA

View Full Version : my lated work using linux

kmrs75
July 21st, 2010, 06:31 AM
I know this is off topic and if its too far off I'm sorry just delete and I can post it in a different area.

I got board at work last night so I had my wife make up some stencils to apply on a beer mug for my brother when I go see him next week in VA. He has mentioned that he would like mugs before so he can have them in his game room / bar.

The design(I know isn't much) was made in inkscape and the stencil was made out of vinyl using tux plot. Then I put the stencil on the beer mug cover everything else up and put it in the sand blaster pulled everything off clean it up and here is what I ended up with.

jimestesphl
July 21st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Really cool!

hansdown
July 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
Nice work, kmrs75.

I'd love to do that.

kmrs75
July 21st, 2010, 04:36 PM
Here I just thought I would share how it started with all the masking

texpat
July 21st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Hi,

could you tell me what that font is you are using?

Cool beer mugs btw ;)

kmrs75
July 22nd, 2010, 12:30 AM
The font is alfredo heavy

hansdown
July 22nd, 2010, 12:48 AM
It has great possibilities.

I'll bet it's a lot of fun, too.

kmrs75
July 22nd, 2010, 01:00 AM
Ya it is that was my first large sand blasting job just to try it out I have done a few before but never really too it serious but were having more people ask about that kind of stuff - mirrors - windows - and glass signs - so I just thought I would try some out for my brother. One didn't turn out that great but I learned.

Most of the time we do signs,banners, t-shirts or decals here is a few of our normal stuff

hansdown
July 22nd, 2010, 01:23 AM
Keep at it.

Those look great.

cascade9
July 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Nice work. :)

I wish I still had acces to a sandblaster. :(

kmrs75
July 22nd, 2010, 03:44 PM
Here is another one we did I like this one a lot -

Its on there boom truck - pickup truck - magnets for a different truck - and we have done about 50 t-shirts hoodies and tank tops for them

texpat
July 22nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
The font is alfredo heavy

Thanks! :D

swoody
July 23rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
That's some very nice work you do there!

I bet the Chicago loco would be pretty interested in seeing about some custom t-shirts or other goodies for loco events ;)

Also, don't worry about being off-topic here. This is not only a place for support, but for us Illinoisans to congregate and just hang out :)