PDA

View Full Version : Motorola’s Droid X screen failures ? a storm in a tea cup

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM
"Motorola’s Droid X launched only a few days ago but widespread reports are hitting the Internet about a serious screen issue with the device".

http://www.neowin.net/news/motorolas-droid-x-is-plagued-with-screen-failures

wojox
July 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM
One forum member states that the issue will supposedly be fixed with the .604 update, but to update a phone with an unusable screen may be a challenging task for the affected users.

Priceless.

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 12:14 AM
That update thing had me err smiling. A case of " I guess I click the right button ....................now,bugger too soon"

pwnst*r
July 21st, 2010, 05:30 AM
Motorola’s Droid X launched only a few days ago but widespread reports are hitting the Internet about a serious screen issue with the device.

Lol, "widespread". No.

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 05:37 AM
Lol, "widespread". No.

Does not appear to be widespread , however , how many have they sold ?

Here is an update

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/verizon-confirms-droid-x-screen-issues-but-says-theyre-not-wid/

McRat
July 21st, 2010, 05:47 AM
Does not appear to be widespread , however , how many have they sold ?

Here is an update

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/verizon-confirms-droid-x-screen-issues-but-says-theyre-not-wid/

Motorola?

Motorola was selling "cellphones" before there were cellphones. Certainly before there was an Apple Computer.

In the 1960's, Motorolas were in executive cars. Today, you won't find many iPhones in ambulances, race cars, planes, boats, or police cars. Apple has a long way to go.

At least it doesn't appear that Motorola is blaming the users or claiming all phones do it... ;)

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 05:54 AM
Motorola?

Motorola was selling "cellphones" before there were cellphones. Certainly before there was an Apple Computer.

In the 1960's, Motorolas were in executive cars. Today, you won't find many iPhones in ambulances, race cars, planes, boats, or police cars. Apple has a long way to go.

At least it doesn't appear that Motorola is blaming the users or claiming all phones do it... ;)

I was musing as to how many of the new Droid X have been sold

I know that Motorola have been selling phones since the Model T Ford , sheesh how green do think I am :(

BuffaloX
July 21st, 2010, 07:14 AM
Seems to me those phones should simply be replaced,
has Motorola refused to do so?

or maybe they are holding them wrong...

Spr0k3t
July 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
Put a rubber band around the edge or use some duct-tape... that will bind the unit and keep the dark eye at bay. Just don't squeeze it too tight or hold it like this >|<

Johnsie
July 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
Sounds like this was just a bad batch. Unlike the iphone which issue which affected all their phones. Either way, I still love my HTC Desire :-)

HappinessNow
July 21st, 2010, 08:59 PM
"Motorola’s Droid X launched only a few days ago but widespread reports are hitting the Internet about a serious screen issue with the device".

Droid X Screen Problems Nipped in Bud
..."We are aware of a very small number of Droid X units that have experienced a flickering or banding display," Motorola spokesperson Juli Burda told TechNewsWorld. "The exposure of devices is limited to less than one-tenth of a percent."..."For those consumers who are suffering from the problem, it can certainly be a frustrating experience, but I think most will be pleased with Verizon's almost immediate offer to replace the device," Spektor explained...."I'm not comparing this with the iPhone's antenna issues, but the fact that Motorola and Verizon acknowledged the problem right away and reacted with a solution -- that's the best way to do it," he added. "Acknowledge it, disclose how big the impact is, and offer a resolution."http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Droid-X-Screen-Problems-Nipped-in-Bud-70459.html?wlc=1279742087

Thread should be marked "SOLVED" now ;-)

(Huge difference in how Motorola/Verizon handled this compared to Apple/ATT)

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 09:05 PM
That is good news. I have been looking for an update. My usual hangouts have been lacking updates especially Engadget.

It would seem to be a storm in a tea cup

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 09:07 PM
Thread title changed

HappinessNow
July 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM
That is good news. I have been looking for an update. My usual hangouts have been lacking updates especially Engadget.

It would seem to be a storm in a tea cup

Google news feeder widget on my Nexus One is pretty up to date but I wish it hand the ability to be more customizable, there are some sources I would like to eliminate and some I would like to add but overall I am pretty happy with it. It is the primary way I keep up to date with the news.

Thread title changed

"a storm in a tea cup"...I like it, I never knew you to be quite the poet. ;)

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM
Google news feeder widget on my Nexus One is pretty up to date but I wish it hand the ability to be more customizable, there are some sources I would like to eliminate and some I would like to add but overall I am pretty happy with it. It is the primary way I keep up to date with the news.

"a storm in a tea cup"...I like it, I never knew you to be quite the poet. ;)

Read my Profile Bio ;) 'hint'

HappinessNow
July 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM
Read my Profile Bio ;) 'hint'

"Love life and it will love you back"...love it!

great philosophy to live by and one that I will immediately start incorporating, thanks for this great reminder that we sometimes forget about; even if we do live by it already it is nice to actualize it in words.

KiwiNZ
July 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
"Love life and it will love you back"...love it!

great philosophy to live by and one that I will immediately start incorporating, thanks for this great reminder that we sometimes forget about; even if we do live by it already it is nice to actualize it in words.

Wrong bit

"Interests
Bike riding ,hiking,poetry writting"

The Bike riding and hiking is on hold

HappinessNow
July 21st, 2010, 10:04 PM
Wrong bit

"Interests
Bike riding ,hiking,poetry writting"

The Bike riding and hiking is on holdahh yet they are somewhat related; writing poetry and loving life?