PDA

View Full Version : Beware of flat Batteries ( Shocker of a story)

alexfish
July 20th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Ever had a flat battery problem

someone had a flat battery for 6months

question: How do you spot flat Batteries in UBUNTU

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9614086&posted=1#post9614086

nothingspecial
July 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I think you are being unfair.

When I got my first ever computer, it came with Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Faun

But I couldn`t get the sound to work.

I became friends with Mr Google, and along the way, learned how to edit config files - /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base /etc/modules amongst others.

I learned how to recompile alsa

I learned how to compile a kernel

All within a few weeks of ever having touched a computer for anything other than an interview, driving test etc etc etc

I learned all sorts of really cool linuxy stuff.

In the end, it turned out that you have to plug the speakers into the green hole.

My point is, that if you don`t know (however basic it maybe), then you don`t know.

Are you able to play an F minor 7 on a mandolin, or skin a Gurnard?

I`d say probably not.

I can because I spent 10 years as a fishmonger and play the mandolin for a hobby.

On the other hand, I don`t know a sprocket from a sparkplug.

alexfish
July 20th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Suppose Now on reflection as you say unfair , Yes I now do feel guilty

but at the time and as you may note the time scale of the post , " the thread had vanish from view "

so 6months on the thread reappeared , having see the outcome of the flat batteries ,thought it was quite comical at the time , mm

however there is a reflection of the not unfair in my post

How do you monitor the state of batteries of wireless keyboards and mice in UBUNTU

cariboo
July 21st, 2010, 12:00 AM
I have the same keyboard and mouse, the first thing I do if the mouse or keyboard don't work intermittently, is first check the receiver, then replace the batteries.

alexfish
July 21st, 2010, 12:27 AM
Found a lomoco in the sofware center , its for logitec mice /wireless

cariboo
July 21st, 2010, 01:37 AM
I haven't had to do anything, I just plugged the receiver in, and pushed the buttons on the mouse and keyboard. I used them with Intrepid, Jaunty and Karmic, the system is currently running XMBC Live, which is based on Karmic, it boots directly into the XBMC interface. There doesn't look like there is anywhere to display the battery status.