PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help: Update Manager upgrade Error

MAFoElffen
July 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I could not Update my Ubuntu LTS 10.04 64bit Desktop Edition today. The Update Manager first said it could only do a partial upgrade, then came up with this Error:
Could not calculate the upgrade

An unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade:
The package 'update-manager-kde' is marked for removal but it is in the removal blacklist.

This can be caused by:
* Upgrading to a pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Running the current pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Unofficial software packages not provided by Ubuntu

This is most likely a transient problem, please try again later.Any ideas? Or should I wait this out?

MAFoElffen
July 21st, 2010, 02:08 AM
No response yet. In the meanwhile, I'm updating packages through the Synoptic Package Manager.

I started with Lucid using a beta/dev version of 10.04 and I was a beta tester... All long the way with Lucid, I've only had minor or asthetic things that would come up- until now. Albiet, there where some network issues, but they were normal beta bugs and such.

I've been keeping up with updates religiously, as I usually do... and somewhere along the line, I believe the system changed over from dev to release (but I could be wrong).

Funny how all this weekend, the system reported that everything was up to date. Today it says there are over 1444 files that need updating! It seems like a lot of the files are various dev lib's...

When the Synaptic Package Manager is through (estimated at over 3 hours from now on just downloads), I'll try the Update Manger again.

Anyone know of any recent changes?

MAFoElffen
July 22nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
This post has gone unanswered. This problem has now turned to a fatal errro on my machine. It did do a "Distribution Upgrade" which has now cuase Ubunut to NOT run on my machine in any form!!!

Please close this thread as I need to open a new thread to discuss this error.