When you're in here, everyone's a friend :-D

Sam

ELD
July 20th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Group hug? lol

Random_Dude
July 20th, 2010, 08:45 PM
When you're in here, everyone's a friend :-D

Except that they sometimes troll and flame.
What's a little trolling between friends?;)

ElSlunko
July 20th, 2010, 08:47 PM
It's like the cheers theme song.

fatality_uk
July 20th, 2010, 09:03 PM
"Where everybody knows your name, and their always glad you came..."

Goolie
July 20th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Still getting used to using w3m, I'm not sure why, but it's remarkably fun!

Thank you all for being my friends!

Haha, sorry I got a bit bored, and I try and come on the forums every now
and then to help out if I can, but there is just not enough I can do at
the moment to help out. Being a newbie and all. But I'm learning the ropes
and making impossible knots for myself along the way!

Group hug, roger!

Also, no trolling and flaming. Makes me sad.

=\

Dragonbite
July 20th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Dear fellow Ubuntu users.

I don't have any friends on here.

Won't you be my neighbor?

=D

Um.... WHY don't you have any friends on here? Is it contagious? :D

Goolie
July 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM
um.... Why don't you have any friends on here? Is it contagious? :d

very!

digitalcitizenx
July 21st, 2010, 01:00 AM
"Where everybody knows your name, and their always glad you came..."

...now that's just creepy.....

chessnerd
July 21st, 2010, 01:13 AM
So, no one told you life was gonna be this way?

Your job's a joke? You're broke? Your love life's DOA?

It's like your always stuck in second gear. And when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but...

The Forums'll be there for you! When the rain starts to poor. They'll be there for you, like they've been there before, they'll be there for you, 'cause your there for them too!!!

Sorry, Friends is my favorite sitcom...

Anyway, I've generally found everyone on these forums to be pretty nice. There are a few exceptions, but those are almost always just trolls. You'll get to know people soon enough.

And welcome to the Ubuntu Forums!

JDShu
July 21st, 2010, 02:16 AM
RIP Fred Rogers, you were an important part of my childhood :'(

Goolie
July 21st, 2010, 02:28 AM

It's like your always stuck in second gear. And when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but...

The Forums'll be there for you! When the rain starts to poor. They'll be there for you, like they've been there before, they'll be there for you, 'cause your there for them too!!!

Anyway, I've generally found everyone on these forums to be pretty nice. There are a few exceptions, but those are almost always just trolls. You'll get to know people soon enough.

And welcome to the Ubuntu Forums!

Thanks!

=D

I like the welcome here and I hope to be a help.

I saw the part on helping "triage" bugs. I wonder if I can at least do that.

=D

phrostbyte
July 21st, 2010, 02:31 AM
I like you, you are from New Jersey.

theraje
July 21st, 2010, 02:40 AM
When someone asks to be your friend, and you say, "Why not?"... if they answer you, be sure to pay attention... from a safe distance. :P

I kid, of course. :) So what kind of things do you like to do that aren't directly tied to the innards of Ubuntu? For example, I do programming, graphic design, music production, and other things that have allowed me to get involved in a few conversations on the forums. The best part is that all those things *can* pertain to Ubuntu, but they don't necessarily have to. :)

But yeah, sometimes the best way to get to know people is to just start with random conversation (random within reason, of course :P), and let the helping part come along when it does. I have helped a couple people (or tried, at least ;) ), but I think most people here are familiar with me for other reasons. :P

Welcome to the forums! :)

Goolie
July 21st, 2010, 03:49 AM
When someone asks to be your friend, and you say, "Why not?"... if they answer you, be sure to pay attention... from a safe distance. :P

I kid, of course. :) So what kind of things do you like to do that aren't directly tied to the innards of Ubuntu? For example, I do programming, graphic design, music production, and other things that have allowed me to get involved in a few conversations on the forums. The best part is that all those things *can* pertain to Ubuntu, but they don't necessarily have to. :)

But yeah, sometimes the best way to get to know people is to just start with random conversation (random within reason, of course :P), and let the helping part come along when it does. I have helped a couple people (or tried, at least ;) ), but I think most people here are familiar with me for other reasons. :P

Welcome to the forums! :)

First, at phrostbite, woot! Jersey! =D

And yea, I started the 'I have no friends!' because I knew it'd generate some responses! Haha!

Well, I just have a love for computers, everything about them. I did 3 years at college for IT - Web Applications, but I'm currently going into
a year program for Network Admin, which entails all CompTIA certifications, MCSE, Cisco, and that includes Linux+ as well!
I start up at the end of September and I'm stoked to get back into school after almost 2 years. I'm a World of Warcraft player, so sadly that takes
up a little too much of my time when I'm not learning things. I like long walks on the beach.

I think my best days would be when I finish that degree in web applications and start up on all that fun stuff!

phrostbyte
July 21st, 2010, 04:06 AM
++ long walks on the beach

Goolie
July 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
++ long walks on the beach

=P Just had to throw that one in.

RiceMonster
July 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM

Make it stop! I hate that show and now you have the song stuck in my head.

July 21st, 2010, 05:16 PM
LOL.

Also, no trolling and flaming. Makes me sad.http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/goolie

gemmakaru
July 21st, 2010, 05:27 PM
Hi Goolie, interesting name you have there.

Goolie
July 21st, 2010, 05:52 PM
LOL.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/goolie

IS THAT SERIOUS!?

That's my family nickname I've had for 22 years.

=\

Please tell me that's a cruel joke.

It was! EDITED.