PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cannot load Ubuntu

Dave23
July 20th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Having problem loading Ubuntu onto a recently built computer, it is a amd 64bit with two hard drives one with a crashed version of 7 and one new unused drive
I have altered the BIOS boot settings to removeable and the appropiate optical drives
but it will not load keeps saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key" its says this what ever combination I set the BIOS to
Could anyone PLEASE offer any help
Thanks Dave23

oldfred
July 20th, 2010, 08:05 PM
have you installed & cannot boot or cannot read CD.

If it is the CD then it is not reading the CD or the CD is not bootable - not written correctly or damaged.

ajgreeny
July 20th, 2010, 09:50 PM
If you can run the live CD, boot to that and then download boot_info_script from http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/ and run it according to the site instructions, then attach the RESULTS.txt file back here for us to see.

Dave23
July 22nd, 2010, 09:57 PM
have you installed & cannot boot or cannot read CD.

If it is the CD then it is not reading the CD or the CD is not bootable - not written correctly or damaged.
Thank you for your help I think it may have something to do with the cd so I have order a proper CD so will let you know when I am successful
Dave:D

Dave23
July 22nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
If you can run the live CD, boot to that and then download boot_info_script from http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/ and run it according to the site instructions, then attach the RESULTS.txt file back here for us to see.
Unfortunately it will not let me do that.I have ordered the proper CD to make sure it is not my copy I will let you know when I have tried that
Thank you for trying to help me

Dave

RJARRRPCGP
July 22nd, 2010, 11:52 PM
keeps saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key" 3

That's an error from the BIOS. The BIOS failed to find a boot loader!