PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Canon MP510 in Lucid 10.04 missing?

candtalan
July 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM
In Lucid 10.04 LTS, Canon printer pixma MP510 drivers seem to be missing or not listed, although messages in these forums suggest that they existed ok in Ubuntu 9.10. Also that some success has been found by using the PIXMA MP20 drivers for the mp10, I am not sure how much success though.

There are linux drivers shown on the canon site:
http://support-au.canon.com.au/P/search?model=PIXMA+MP510&menu=download&filter=0&tagname=g_os&g_os=Linux

I have a launchpad account and have looked at how I might register a bug in 10.04 for the loss of mp10 drivers, but I cannot see how the usual bug approach applies in such a case as this.

I would be grateful to know how to inform devs of the problem, or equally, could someone with suitable experience help towards getting the mp10 included again please?

The reason for me asking is that a Windows using friend of mine has tried Ubuntu 10.04 for the first time and is initially impressed, however, I do not need to tell you which printer he has!

I do not live near to this friend and he is not very technically experienced, so my remote help with my limited experience would likely be unsuccessful. (Or put him off)

tia

abuster
October 7th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I'm using the MP-520 driver with success on MP-510. MP-500 driver seem to distort colors.