PDA

View Full Version : What's with the colors?

YourSurrogateGod
April 1st, 2006, 05:32 AM
Anyone know? It's puke green and purple.

gpeck157
April 1st, 2006, 05:40 AM
Yeah, mine's the same. It looks like hell (IMHO).

Glen

neoflight
April 1st, 2006, 05:42 AM
Yeah, mine's the same. It looks like hell (IMHO).

Glen

chic flick !!!!!!!!!!!!

Apocalypse
April 1st, 2006, 05:46 AM
The ABSOLUTE horror...=-|

YourSurrogateGod
April 1st, 2006, 05:51 AM
Something tells me that the admins are screwing around because it's April Fool's Day.

trent dillman
April 1st, 2006, 05:51 AM
Ha ha ha...April Fools.

I went so far as to get rid of my ~/.mozilla (thank goodness I backed it up first).

drachir
April 1st, 2006, 05:56 AM
I don't know. It's not april here yet. I have 2 hours and 5 minutes to go. I guess there is no harm in starting early

KiwiNZ
April 1st, 2006, 05:56 AM
They are lovely

Akli
April 1st, 2006, 05:57 AM
It hurts!!

jrib
April 1st, 2006, 06:00 AM
It hurts!!

indeed, I have already written a greasemonkey script that reverts it to the original colors in order to save my eye sight :)

endersshadow
April 1st, 2006, 06:11 AM
Really? People actually fell for it?

I saw it and went, "Damnit, April Fools. Man this thing is giving me a headache." :lol:

YourSurrogateGod
April 1st, 2006, 06:13 AM
Really? People actually fell for it?

I saw it and went, "Damnit, April Fools. Man this thing is giving me a headache." :lol:
It took me a sec because the ole brain isn't running at 100% efficiency.

jsgotangco
April 1st, 2006, 06:20 AM
my eyes! my eyes! I'm now colorblind!

briancurtin
April 1st, 2006, 06:22 AM
slashdot's colors are hilarious

YourSurrogateGod
April 1st, 2006, 06:24 AM
slashdot's colors are hilarious
*lol* OMG!!! Ponies!!!

endersshadow
April 1st, 2006, 06:24 AM
*lol* OMG!!! Ponies!!!

<3 Ponies!!!!111!!!11!!eleven11!!

IYY
April 1st, 2006, 06:28 AM
I like it. We should make these the new official Ubuntu colours. And replace Tux with a pony named Sugarcakes.

manicka
April 1st, 2006, 06:28 AM
lol.... just beautiful :D

let's keep it as a choice

YourSurrogateGod
April 1st, 2006, 06:29 AM
<3 Ponies!!!!111!!!11!!eleven11!!
What does the boldened part mean?

YourSurrogateGod
April 1st, 2006, 06:29 AM
I like it. We should make these the new official Ubuntu colours. And replace Tux with a pony named Sugarcakes.
*squeals with glee*

YourSurrogateGod
April 1st, 2006, 06:30 AM
lol.... just beautiful :D

let's keep it as a choice
Start running.

:)

drummer
April 1st, 2006, 06:36 AM
What does the boldened part mean?
"less-than three" is heart (ie. love)... <3 see? eg. I <3 Ponies!! ;)

cblanquer
April 1st, 2006, 06:37 AM
a colour hara-kiri... great for a "poisson d'avril". :p
I hope tomorrow we wake up back to the nice classical combination.

NeoChaosX
April 1st, 2006, 06:39 AM
Requesting a screenshot as a curious Kubuntu user wanting to know what all the fuss is about. ;)

drummer
April 1st, 2006, 06:42 AM
Requesting a screenshot as a curious Kubuntu user wanting to know what all the fuss is about. ;)
If you scroll down to the bottom of any ubuntu forum page there's a little drop-down box on the left where you can change the theme. Set it to 'default style'.

professor_chaos
April 1st, 2006, 06:50 AM
No way, this color scheme is here to stay.

Viva la rainbow.

Come on webkeepers, you can do better than this. How about an XP theme, now that would make me poo my pants.

cerebrix
April 1st, 2006, 06:51 AM
what colors?

professor_chaos
April 1st, 2006, 06:57 AM
Thats right! My freakin retnia's are fried after looking at those colors.

Getting.... dizzy, must.... turn off monitor, can't ...see... anything....

cerebrix
April 1st, 2006, 07:07 AM
its still better than looking at .....

http://emailthatguy.shackspace.com/myeyesdeargodno.jpg

mcduck
April 1st, 2006, 07:25 AM
These would be nice colors for dapper+1 theme. Ubuntu could be the ugliest desktop linux ever.. :D

I dropped from my chair when I opened the forum, but it wasn't that big shock, I was already prepared for this: I put Wanda the Fish to my panel at around 01 last night, and it wouldn't tell me a fortune but instead told that it's water needs changing.. Anyway, it's floating upside down, I guess it's dead :D

drummer
April 1st, 2006, 07:43 AM
Ubuntu could be the ugliest desktop linux ever.. :D
Funny thing is, that's what many people and many review said about Ubuntu's default brown theme when it first came out. In reviews about Warty and Hoary it was all like: "Great distro... but brown?!? Yuck!"

Ubunted
April 1st, 2006, 07:44 AM
Change your forum style to Kubuntu Blue. All gone.

xenmax
April 1st, 2006, 07:58 AM
lol i just noticed it.

kthonos
April 1st, 2006, 08:05 AM
Jeez, thank you for reminding me of april fools.

*screams like a girl*

paul cooke
April 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM
If you scroll down to the bottom of any ubuntu forum page there's a little drop-down box on the left where you can change the theme. Set it to 'default style'.

ha... they missed a real trick then... they could have messed with the kubuntu style for the day as well...

K.Mandla
April 1st, 2006, 08:58 AM
Whaddaya mean? Mine looks fine. You should reconfigure your xorg.conf.

Stormy Eyes
April 1st, 2006, 02:05 PM
They are lovely

I thought that I had killed too many kittens and was finally going blind.

patrick295767
April 1st, 2006, 02:51 PM
oouuuuuuhhh, the colors, ...

You certainly made a mistake, it can't be true ?? Are you sure you wanted such colors ??

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

xXx 0wn3d xXx
April 1st, 2006, 03:12 PM
indeed, I have already written a greasemonkey script that reverts it to the original colors in order to save my eye sight :)
lol, It was like 10 when the forums changed for me, at first I though that someone hacked it. I looks kinda cool though.

Alpha_toxic
April 1st, 2006, 04:16 PM
The best part is the Ubuntu-Power-Puff logo on the top!!!

gigi1234
April 1st, 2006, 04:25 PM
For a second I was defintely fooled!

I thought that someone had been spiking their daily cup of Ubuntu with a few too many silly beans.

Yikes!!!

And for the record I love the brown color theme and think it is really beautiful and soothing. But then again brown is one of my two favorite colors.

Alpha_toxic
April 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaa, Kubunut-Blue is laso not blue any more!!!
oh, my eyes!!!

Stormy Eyes
April 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
My eyes are burninated! Make it stop!

Etoile
April 1st, 2006, 05:01 PM
Took me a split-second to figure it out - amusing. Glad it's only for a limited time though.

As for why it started "early" - don't forget, it's April 1st somewhere in the world even if it isn't for you! :D

catlett
April 1st, 2006, 05:13 PM
What a horrible day. My two favorite places Ubuntu and Slashdot have gone crazy. This was Slashdot's reasoning. I can only hope it's a joke for April 1st.
Slashdot Design Changes for Wider Appeal
Posted by CmdrTaco on Friday March 31, @07:24PM
from the omg-i-heart-ponies-lol dept.
Slashdot.org
Our marketing department has done extensive research over the last 3 quarters and discovered that our audience is strangely disproportionately skewed towards males. Like, 98.3% males to be precise. To correct this oversight, we have decided to subtly tweak Slashdot's design and content to widen our appeal to these less active demographics. Don't worry! We'll still continue to serve our core audience, but we hope you'll work with us as we try to find a balance that will work for all.

ComplexNumber
April 1st, 2006, 05:21 PM
uuurrghhh! talking about a colour clash, purple and olive must be the worst colour combinations possible :D. it must be something to do with the admin playing an april fools joke.

tribaal
April 1st, 2006, 05:22 PM
For a minute I thought I was on LSD again ;)

Then I remembered it was april 1st :)

BTW: I like the logo better actually (the powepuff-like characters instead of the real humans)

Hygelac
April 1st, 2006, 05:31 PM
Yuck! This had me fooled (confused). By the time I logged in, Kubuntu Blue (my default) was gross too! This must be one of the nastiest colour schemes possible. I guess if the colours alternated every half second (olive becomes purple, purple becomes olive; then they switch again and again...) that would be worse.

endersshadow
April 1st, 2006, 05:32 PM
What a horrible day. My two favorite places Ubuntu and Slashdot have gone crazy. This was Slashdot's reasoning. I can only hope it's a joke for April 1st.
Slashdot Design Changes for Wider Appeal
Posted by CmdrTaco on Friday March 31, @07:24PM
from the omg-i-heart-ponies-lol dept.
Slashdot.org
Our marketing department has done extensive research over the last 3 quarters and discovered that our audience is strangely disproportionately skewed towards males. Like, 98.3% males to be precise. To correct this oversight, we have decided to subtly tweak Slashdot's design and content to widen our appeal to these less active demographics. Don't worry! We'll still continue to serve our core audience, but we hope you'll work with us as we try to find a balance that will work for all.

Yup, Slashdot is a joke...so is thinkgeek.com--but ThinkGeek at least made it subtle.

OMG!!! Ponies!!!

majikstreet
April 1st, 2006, 05:36 PM
I hate it. I did not read this thread... excuse me while I go kill myself. hmm wonder what google has on their site..

catlett
April 2nd, 2006, 04:06 AM
Thank god it's over.](*,) I'm glad the creator of that is in another time zone. Cause life is back to normal at 10PM over here. Please don't do that again.:confused:

Orunitia
April 2nd, 2006, 04:24 AM
Seriously... we should of been able to turn that off. That was awful, and I avoided the forums all day because of it.

It was funny when I first saw it though. :P

zubrug
April 3rd, 2006, 03:36 AM
And I even switched between Opera, FF and Epiph...........really funny.

WelterPelter
April 3rd, 2006, 04:08 AM
It's still available as an optional style, and I'm using it. I love the colors.