PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Hard Drives are Recognized

fatpat2009
July 19th, 2010, 01:19 AM
When i try to install ubuntu 10.04 on my desktop i get through the first 3 steps which are Language, Region, and Keyboard. when i get to Prepare partitions, there is nothing there (same problem with 9.10). I followed the steps of another thread about removing the raid settings and I am sure i did that correctly but it did not work, when i try to find my drives in terminal they can not even be found. Both of my drives are SATA, one is 250gb, other is 500gb. They are both recognized by other operating systems. I have switched the SATA headers that they are plugged into. I really am just not sure what else to do here. Im not totally stupid at linux, ive been using it for a few years and i have taken two classes for linux in the past year. I really feel dumb for not being able to figure this out :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

EDIT: if you want me to run anything in terminal and post screens or outputs just ask

PRC09
July 19th, 2010, 02:21 AM
You may need to check in the bios of the desktop and see if the drives are recognized there.There are also usually settings associated with how they are recognized such as IDE,Raid,SATA and such so thats somewhere to start....