PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stuck at Importing Documents and settings

Divine E
July 18th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Hey, I recently had to reinstall Ubuntu on my second Hardrive. (As before I used the Windows installer, and only had 30 GB, when I tried to fix this, I ended up accidentally deleting everything.) Anyway, I started to install, and I selected the option to import documents and settings. Well, now it's stuck at 83% and it says "Importing Documents and settings" It has been like this for about an hour now.

I am importing from WIndows 7 on my first Hard Drive, to my new installation of Ubuntu 10.04 on my second hard drive. Help is much appreciated. I really just want to get back to Ubuntu. Using Windows 7 the past couple of days has been pure hell. I hate my PC freezing every 2 seconds, and hoarding my RAM like candy. Ubuntu for me was pure heaven, and I would like my sanctuary back.

Help much appreciated.

Edit: Never mind, problem solved itself.

chrisj84
August 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I've got the same problem trying to load ubuntu 10.04 onto a Compaq laptop to run alongside the existing Vista operating system. The install sticks at 83% Importing documents & settings.

bwauer
September 25th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I've got the same problem, but I think it is because I have so many MP3's. Hopefully it will finish soon!:P

Tadcrazio
September 26th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I've got the same problem, but I think it is because I have so many MP3's. Hopefully it will finish soon!:P

You also stuck at 83% with vista on the other end? Because I too am stuck at 83% with vista.. im starting to thng if its all three of us then it might not be just large amount of mp3s..

djgenesis
September 28th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Me too !!!

Has anyone found an appropriate thread? What did you guys do ?