PDA

View Full Version : Sent Steve Jobs an email!

chris200x9
July 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I sent Steve jobs an email, what do you think?

Hello, I have recently checked out itunesU and it is wonderful, one thing bothers me about it though. What I disagree with is that it is limited to itunes, essentially if one does not use a supported platform they cannot obtain this valuable free information. I was wondering, has it ever crossed your mind to release this content to be mirrored? I ask this because everything is free so apple is not directly profiting from it anyway. Also I understand you do not want people leeching off your servers, that is why I said release to be mirrored. One could just release the content to a non-profit third party to set up a website with said content.

Thank you for your time,

my name

andrek
July 18th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I sent Steve jobs an email, what do you think?

You forgot to add at the end
-Sent from my Ubuntu PC

Spr0k3t
July 18th, 2010, 09:44 PM
You also forgot to add
-I hate Apple

I should mention, it will probably be filtered through all of the aspects of their corporate giant filtermail. They get bombed with thousands of email a day. Everything from ideas, death threats, technical questions, you name it. I speak of this from experience. I used to be the webmaster at Gateway.com and filtered through thousands of messages per day for a single mailbox only to try and find technical questions regarding the website problems. You should have seen what Ted's inbound email looked like, he would never read any of it... just have his team of 10 ted's sifting through the junk only to send maybe 0.1% in printed form on to the desk of the executive administrator of Ted Waitt, then there was a fraction of those which made it to the hands of Ted himself.

So, don't forget to add in that "I hate Apple" at the end of your email. If not for you, do it for me.

chris200x9
July 18th, 2010, 10:35 PM
You forgot to add at the end
-Sent from my Ubuntu PC

no no no, sent from my hackintosh ;)

murderslastcrow
July 18th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Haha. Yeah, I like that email okay- since it's all free, it certainly makes sense. However, it seems they want to use it to increase the potential value of their products, the iPod Touch and iPhone. So while it may be free to those who have access to iTunes, the main appeal seems to be the 'taking it with you' aspect.

Perhaps we should develop a similar piece of software for Android, if there isn't one already? Then provide that information freely? Of course, there is much of this content on the web already.

But thank you for taking the initiative and the time to suggest that to him- it certainly would reduce the amount of work done to gather and distribute that information.

fatality_uk
July 19th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Well the OP wont have sent it from an IP4, wont be able to get a signal :)

HappinessNow
July 19th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Well the OP wont have sent it from an IP4, wont be able to get a signal :)
Nothing a little Duct Tape can't help. :p

fatality_uk
July 19th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Nothing a little Duct Tape can't help. :p

lol :)

I can see one of those American Express ad's coming up.

iPhone 4 - £600
Business lost due to bad signal/calls dying - £100,000
Apple phone bumper - £25 (Or FREE after complaining like crazy)
Small piece of duct tape to make your £600 phone work - Priceless

3rdalbum
July 19th, 2010, 12:35 PM
HTC's preference of "plastic and glass" makes a lot more sense than "aluminium, glass and rubber".

Johnsie
July 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
+1 for HTC

I'm sure Steve gets a good share of hate mail every day, especially after the iPhone fail... What baffles me is why so many people ordered a phone that doesn't work properly.

ps. a can of coke is made from aluminum. That doesn't make it any better than a plastic bottle.

juancarlospaco
July 19th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Who is Steve Jobs

x-shaney-x
July 19th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Free or not, I somehow don't believe Apple are going to develop something that doesn't profit them in some way.
In the case of iTunesU it is something that will increase interest and sales of paid products.

RiceMonster
July 19th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Who is Steve Jobs

Either you're trying to be funny, or you don't know how to use google.

conundrumx
July 19th, 2010, 03:22 PM
There's no aluminum in the new iPhone.

Groucho Marxist
July 19th, 2010, 03:28 PM
There's no aluminum in the new iPhone.

But it is filled with candy; this explains why it does not work.

x-shaney-x
July 19th, 2010, 03:32 PM
iphone doesn't need good reception anyway. I mean, who uses it for phone calls?

Shining Arcanine
July 19th, 2010, 03:34 PM
The first and last time I sent Steve Jobs an email that had a question, he replied with the answer "Nope".

LowSky
July 19th, 2010, 05:15 PM
iphone doesn't need good reception anyway. I mean, who uses it for phone calls?

it works fine with Wifi, right?

- Sent from my Android powered phone on Verizon's network which works even with one bar of service.

CJ Master
July 19th, 2010, 08:45 PM
The first and last time I sent Steve Jobs an email that had a question, he replied with the answer "Nope".

You're lucky it got that far.