PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Some screenlets don't want to work as intended

Meloku171
July 17th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Hello, people! I'm having a rough time trying to setup some screenlets, and I hope someone knows what to do.

Currently, I'm working with DigiClock and Watermark screenlets. DigiClock seems to work just fine (just like RingSensor and other screenlets I've used before), but Watermark is ignoring the options!

I can make Watermark to keep in place after reboot, hide its buttons and keep itself behind the windows, but I can't stick it in place! Even when I checked "Stick to Desktop" everywhere, I still can move it!

.- Left Click>Properties>Options tab, check "Stick to Desktop"... Doesn't work.

.- Left Click>Window>check "Lock"... Doesn't work either.

.- Screenlet Daemon, select "Watermark", Options button, check "Sticky"... Doesn't work.

.- /home/[user]/.config/Screenlets/WaterMark/default ... All the options are correct (including "is_sticky=True")

I don't use the mouse too much so it's not a great deal for me... But I use my laptop in the university, and not all my friends are familiar with Linux, so I don't want them to accidentally move the screenlets if they ask for my computer.

żAny ideas? (besides "use another screenlet", of course... but if you know another screenlet with the look and feel of Watermark with the Default skin, let me know!)

Meloku171
July 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
shameless self bump.

Frogs Hair
July 18th, 2010, 06:27 PM
For system information only, " Info Panel " works well for me , also consider Conky from the repository.