PDA

View Full Version : Newbie or is Noob

hewjr1000
July 17th, 2010, 06:25 PM
First time posting, new to Ubuntu 10.04. Just wanted to say hello.

Just switched from Fedora 13 to Ubuntu, and I must say everything went so well I have no questions to ask.

don't get me wrong, I liked Fedora as well, but it is for more experienced users.

Anyway glad to be a member, and have a nice day

<snip>

Malac
July 17th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Welcome

avalanche-870
July 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM
i know how you feel, been there before (and most probably still there)...have a nice day

Rubi1200
July 17th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hi and welcome :)

Feel free to drop by and ask questions or just read other threads as part of the learning experience.

Elfy
July 17th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Moved to testimonials.

Glad it is working out for you.

I would also be inclined to edit your first post and remove the e-mail address - the forums always have some spiders in residence in the corners reading everything they can.

Ceedub2
July 18th, 2010, 04:25 AM
My friend wanted me to try Fedora. I never did try it and now he is not using it anymore due to hardware support issues. Ubuntu has always supported all my hardware with no big problems or heck even little ones now since 9.10. 10.04 is rock solid too.

Welcome!

Timmer1240
July 19th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Good point forestpiskie!A computer is a means to an end. The person you're helping probably cares mostly about the end. This is reasonable.
By the time they ask you for help, they've probably tried several things. As a result, their computer might be in a strange state. This is natural. Agreed I just fixed one tonight vista It was in a strange state lots of programs starting at bootup!I try teach people how to keep em clean but they will want me to do it again in a few months!They just want to play games email facebook thats it they dont wanna know how to keep it tuned up!

cariboo
July 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Moved to the Cafe, as this isn't a Testimonial or an experience.

Primefalcon
July 20th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Just wanted to point out that newbie doesn't mean any ill intent, it just means new user

noob, is basically derogatory meaning new new idiot users, it's not a term I personally like either. And frankly not one I've seen used on here, the Buntu forums are very nice

Anyhow welcome to the forums, have a great time :-)

earthpigg
July 20th, 2010, 08:31 PM
in b4

Moved to Testimonials, as this is a testimonial because he testified that 'everything went well'.

jokes aside, Welcome.

RiceMonster
July 20th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Moved to Testimonials, as this is a testimonial because he testified that 'everything went well'.

Wait, damn it, I can't do that!

forrestcupp
July 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM

Wait, damn it, I can't do that!

Moved back to the Community Cafe as that wasn't the main point of the original post.

If this keeps up, we'll move it to Cafe Games. ;)

Primefalcon
July 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Moved back to the Community Cafe as that wasn't the main point of the original post.

If this keeps up, we'll move it to Cafe Games. ;)

Moved to Cafe Games due to the emergent games feel

forrestcupp
July 21st, 2010, 02:57 AM
Moved to Cafe Games due to the emergent games feel

Why is this still in the Cafe? :)