PDA

View Full Version : xlib feasibility question

DanielWaterworth
July 17th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I'd really like to do some usability testing, and being able to do eye-tracking would be really useful. However eye-tracking cameras aren't viable for me, so I'd like to write some software that blacks out the entire screen except a circle around the cursor so that I can just record the cursor position. Is this possible using xlib?

lkjoel
July 18th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I'd really like to do some usability testing, and being able to do eye-tracking would be really useful. However eye-tracking cameras aren't viable for me, so I'd like to write some software that blacks out the entire screen except a circle around the cursor so that I can just record the cursor position. Is this possible using xlib?
What programming language?
The only way I can suggest is to actually change the code of the application itself.
If it was another software, I don't think functionality of your other application would work.

DanielWaterworth
July 19th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I don't want to have to change the code of the software. It's not possible then?

lkjoel
July 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I don't know if it is possible to use xlib.
I am not a C/C++ programmer, but I do know a lot about what is possible to do with it.
But check the documentation.

Best Regards,
lkjoel.