PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movies?

dlanger
July 17th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Ha lawl I'm bored so I'm going to bring this up whats everyone's in this forums favorite movie and why? Mine personally is The Good The Bad And The Ugly mainly because of the ending if you have seen it its pretty epic but I am currently watching pet Sematary and I like in the beginning the line by the old man across the street "Each man buries his own." It's pretty epic! Anyways I think this goes here in this forum if not I'm sorry I recently posted something into the wrong forum and it was kinda embarrassing, whatever
Langer out

Corfy
July 17th, 2010, 09:50 PM
My all-time favorite movie is 1776 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068156/), based on the Broadway play of the same name. It is an historial musical comedy about the events leading up to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. And other than the fact that the Second Continental Congress didn't spontaneously break out into song, the movie is surprisingly historically accurate.

And some of the issues they faced are things that still face us today:

John Adams: A second flood, a simple famine, plagues of locusts everywhere, or a cataclysmic earthquake, I'd accept with some despair. But no, You sent us Congress! Good God, Sir, was that fair?

John Adams: I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress!

:D

Nano Geek
July 17th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I don't have one favorite movie, but I love Lord of the Rings, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Man Who Knew Too Much, North by Northwest, and anything from Pixar. :)

wojox
July 17th, 2010, 10:26 PM
The Big Lebowski, their all Polish like me. ;)

scouser73
July 18th, 2010, 11:13 PM
The Big Lebowski, that film is just bloody funny. I'm going to say The Big Lebowski as being my favourite also.

Eisenwinter
July 18th, 2010, 11:25 PM
My most favourite fiction-storyline movie is Fight Club.

I also watch many documentaries, not sure if that falls under the category of "movie".

And also, OP, the lack of organized structure and punctuation in your post makes it difficult to read and understand (To me, at least, as a non-native English speaker).