PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual screens?

niicky
July 17th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Hi Guys,

I've just got a new PC and am very excited, it's my first one ever with dual screens. My screens are set up fairly standard one next to the other, neither rotated. It works great on windows and great on Linux, with but one minor problem.

My problem is that I can't work out how to switch my main screen to the screen on the left. I can drag them so they align properly and the mouse moves freely between the two.

How do you change your primary screen? There's got to be a better way then having to switch the ports they plug into at the back of the PC.

wojox
July 18th, 2010, 11:42 AM
If your using Nvidia, there should be an option when setting them up.

allywood
July 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to remember this from memory as I set my work PC up with Ubuntu on just Friday past as a work colleague managed to persuade me to go the Linux route rather than Windows (boy am I impressed)

My work PC has dual screens (as does my colleagues) and I set my left hand screen to be default whereas my colleague set his right hand screen to be default.

From System -> Preferences -> Monitors I am sure there is an option to select the default main screen for your set-up. Given that I have to say I'm a total noob at the moment I could be mistaken. Give it a try.

:)