PDA

View Full Version : BP leak is contained!!! Yippee!!!

Cavsfan
July 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I just noticed that they have capped the leaking well and it is holding the high pressure that shows it is good!
They were saying the pressure would go up to between 8,000 and 9,000 PSI if it worked and apparently it is.

This is great news! :guitar: See the link and the camera feeds.

Live feeds from the Gulf (http://www.bp.com/sectionbodycopy.do?categoryId=9034366&contentId=7063636)

No more millions of gallons leaking into the Gulf of Mexico!!!

samalex
July 15th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Is the cap supposed to be a permanent fix? If so my fear is that without it being monitored it could crack back open anytime. The cap they used was custom created for this situation, so it has no testing. And with this, how do they normally seal such wells in the ocean with the rig is done, or do they normally pump them dry?

Good news yes, but I don't want this to bite us again when we least expect it.

Sam

Timmer1240
July 15th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Thats great news I hope it holds!

YuiDaoren
July 15th, 2010, 10:51 PM
The cap is an interim step. If it can hold, then they can lay a concrete stop that will be permanent. If not, then they may have to consider relief wells.

Here's hoping the cap can hold.

Cavsfan
July 15th, 2010, 10:55 PM
They are going to leave it capped for 48 hours I think I heard and then if it is still holding, they will start letting it flow into the 3-4 ships they have close by.

And before those fill up there will be another one ready!

Then their goal is to cement it closed in August.

I am so happy! This is some really good news!!!

Cavsfan
July 15th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, Cheers! Here's to it holding it's pressure for 48 hours!!!
I think this calls for some celebratory behavior (in other words a few beers or pints)!

:popcorn:

ubunterooster
July 15th, 2010, 11:16 PM
And as soon as we open the tops off the beers, the top also will come off the oil spill...

witeshark17
July 16th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Well it was a long time coming, but finally! Now to make it last and clean up what already leaked....

earthpigg
July 16th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Good.

And now, sieze 25% of the BP stock owned by the top 20 or so BP stockholders, sell it at half value to whomever wishes to purchase it, and use the funds for cleanup and recovery efforts along the Gulf coast.

Sucks to be a significant BP stockholder, who would stand to lose millions. You will excuse me if I am not particularly sympathetic.

undecim
July 16th, 2010, 01:27 AM
*SNIP* to whomever wishes to purchase it *SNIP*

I see a flaw with that plan.

earthpigg
July 16th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I see a flaw with that plan.

im fine with the top stockholders purchasing their stock back at a 50% loss.

the point is to hold the decision makers financially responsible and generate funds to pay for the long-term cleanup.

Redo
July 16th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Good.

And now, sieze 25% of the BP stock owned by the top 20 or so BP stockholders, sell it at half value to whomever wishes to purchase it, and use the funds for cleanup and recovery efforts along the Gulf coast.

Sucks to be a significant BP stockholder, who would stand to lose millions. You will excuse me if I am not particularly sympathetic.

Then send the top shareholders to manual labor camps until they make up the difference in their lost profits.

v1ad
July 16th, 2010, 05:19 AM
it is good news.

seenthelite
July 27th, 2010, 10:23 PM
One leak seemingly fixed and now this

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/07/27/louisiana.barataria.bay.well.leak/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Of interest is the owner of the rig this time, I hope it is contained quickly.

Frak
July 27th, 2010, 10:28 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/07/27/louisiana.barataria.bay.well.leak/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Bah, can't win for losing.

Cavsfan
July 28th, 2010, 05:02 PM

Gee! Can't these tug boat drivers drive their flipping tug boats? :rolleyes:
As Ron White (which my wife and I seen last weekend) says "you can't fix stupid"!

Thanks for sharing and I also hope the get a handle on this quickly!