PDA

View Full Version : Are you a good team player?

cguy
July 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Looking at the job ads, one can see that most of them require the applicant to be a good team player. (at least in my area)

The job may be about spending time, alone, in the middle of the ocean, but they still require you to be a good team player.

What a lame cliche!

So, being brutally honest, are you a good team player?

kaldor
July 15th, 2010, 10:02 PM
No. I'm fairly antisocial except for a couple of close friends that I have known for a long time and I don't like to work in groups. I work best alone. I don't mind it online because I don't have to actually see or talk to the other person(s). But in person I can bare it, but I really hate working with others. At school I always tried to keep to myself when I had to do group work, and I usually got more done than anyone else. Too bad they always blamed me for stuff they didn't do and I got docked marks for it.

cguy
July 15th, 2010, 10:12 PM
One time we had to do a project for uni, but the whole team slacked up until the last day. We finally decided to meet up.

I wasn't feeling capable that day and, furthermore, I had almost no idea what that course was about. These guys were ding the work and I was feeling like ***** being a leech.

Anything they told me just didn't register with me. (this is generally true when there's teamwork involved)

So I got pissed off at myself and left. I got home, had a few hours of sleep and then I got to work. By the next day I had learned about the subject and had done a project comparable to theirs.

So I work better alone too. :D

Plus, I like to feel like a badass when I complete a project by myself, so face to face help or teamwork are not things I wish for.

ubunterooster
July 16th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I have never been on any team of any sort...

Linye
July 16th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I am. Prefer to be alone but if I'm with others I try to make everybody useful.

Cam!
July 16th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I enjoy working alongside other people, but I'm not a good team player. I end up being a bit bossy, which is why I tend to work alone, but still be courteous and helping to others.

Directive 4
July 16th, 2010, 02:38 AM
I have never been on any team of any sort...

what about team rocket!

Dustin2128
July 16th, 2010, 02:39 AM
No. I've had enough nearly failed team efforts to convince me that, when its important, I can only trust myself.

ubunterooster
July 16th, 2010, 02:40 AM
what about team rocket!
I always went against them alone (and with my pet mouse)

Directive 4
July 16th, 2010, 02:55 AM
I always went against them alone (and with my pet mouse)

mouse ehh!

blasting off again!"!

Jay Car
July 16th, 2010, 02:55 AM
I am only a good team player if I can pick the team. But then I'm the boss in my business, so I can be picky if I want to be. (I think there needs to be an "It depends on the team" option on the poll)

Lucradia
July 16th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Kinda antisocial in the world... so....

kaldor
July 16th, 2010, 05:22 AM
lol, note that the Ubuntu people are vastly more introverted than other communities ;)

lisati
July 16th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I shouldn't answer, because there is no "I" in team.

Khakilang
July 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I play soccer and rugby during my younger days. I can say I am a team player. But sometime I see the striker going out on his own to score a goal. For I am a full back so I use to back my team mates.

bigseb
July 16th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I clicked 'yes' but honestly it all depends on the team...