PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Prince of Persia on Lucid

smardi
July 15th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I have installed Prince of Persia on Ubuntu lucid using wine. Installation was successful without any issue, but Its not detecting CD in the drive while loading the game to play ( I need to have the CD if I have to play the game). I also tried mounting the CD by going into configure wine but still it asks for CD.

I also tried copying it in HD and mounting as CD using wine Config but no help.

Any help will be appreciated.

lechien73
July 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
It appears that Prince of Persia uses the Starforce malware^W copy protection system, which probably means you're out of luck. As far as I'm aware, Starforce does not work under wine.

You could try looking at the PlayOnLinux forums, but defeating or bypassing copy protection isn't a discussion for here :)

stratoka
July 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I know it is not most suitable way but try to crack the game:)

spawn82
July 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I have installed Prince of Persia on Ubuntu lucid using wine. Installation was successful without any issue, but Its not detecting CD in the drive while loading the game to play ( I need to have the CD if I have to play the game). I also tried mounting the CD by going into configure wine but still it asks for CD.

I also tried copying it in HD and mounting as CD using wine Config but no help.

Any help will be appreciated.

is it the old prince of persia from the old apple mac if so go to the ubuntu software center and look for a super nintindo emulator then download the prince of persia rom but if it is another one can't help you there

smardi
July 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
no its not the old one, I got Prince of Persia, warrior within. I just wanted to check if there is some solution available. will try with few mentioned in the thread and will update in the post.

spawn82
July 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
no its not the old one, I got Prince of Persia, warrior within. I just wanted to check if there is some solution available. will try with few mentioned in the thread and will update in the post.

no worries mate sorry i couldn't help good luck any ways :p