PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Transmission upgrade for Ubuntu?

asharpham
July 15th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Can anyone tell me if Transmission 2.01 is available for Ubuntu 9.10? If so, where is it? I've checked the Transmission web site (also checked in Synaptic) and both places tell me the latest version is 1.75 even though the website has 2.01 plastered all over it.

Also, is there the ability to set daily start and finish times for downloading? This is imoportant for those on split download limits where you only want to download overnight. I can't find any reference to this in Help files or FAQs.

HenneBaby02
July 15th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Can anyone tell me if Transmission 2.01 is available for Ubuntu 9.10? If so, where is it? I've checked the Transmission web site (also checked in Synaptic) and both places tell me the latest version is 1.75 even though the website has 2.01 plastered all over it.

Also, is there the ability to set daily start and finish times for downloading? This is imoportant for those on split download limits where you only want to download overnight. I can't find any reference to this in Help files or FAQs.

I don't use transmission, if a 2.01 is available but yours is sayin the latest version is 1.75. Did you check to see if 2.01 is available for windows only ?

EDIT: scratch what i said...

heres a link download the deb/ubuntu one http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/Transmission-Download-4856.html

after clicking the deb/ubuntu one (even tho it says 0kb click anyway, it`ll bring you to a PPA section, i haven't tried it though thats a trusted site) hopefully it`ll help.. If not go with Vuze or Deluge

mikewhatever
July 15th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Add the ppa:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:transmissionbt/ppa

I'd remove transmission related packages installed from the repositories first, then install 'transmission-common' and 'transmission-gtk'.
As for daily start and finish times, check out 'Temporary Speed Limits' under Preferences.

asharpham
July 17th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Thanks guys. You both helped me update to version 2.01. Isn't it a pity that it isn't obvious how to find the update.