PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Volume slider has no affect

LanceHaverkamp
July 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Volume slider (in Lubuntu) has no affect whatsoever. I do have sound (full blast), which can be controlled within the applications, if they have an internal volume control.

I'm using motherboard audio (no separate card), which works reasonably well with kubuntu, so it's not a hardware problem.
I'm using the 10.04 Live CD, (not installed to HD yet).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lance

edwinguerra
July 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I am having the same problem with Lubuntu. I installed it on an old Dell Dimension 2400 computer and I can't control the volume (will only play full blast), which is annoying, since I was planning to use it to play music. I only connect with my headphones (it seems like a waste to have to get actual speakers to control the volume). Any help will be appreciated, I am super new to this, and I've checked the Preference settings and nothing seems to work.

================

OK, I was too quick to ask for help. I found a partial solution, using the GNOME player, Edit->Preferences on the Player tab I switched to default mixer Headphone,0 which now allows me to control the volume through GNOME. The overall Lubuntu sound mixer control in the bottom right, however, still has no effect.