July 13th, 2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x64p_plXHKc

Actually watch before you comment. :p

tekkidd
July 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
HAHA, Funny and Stupid at the same time

Austin25
July 13th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Was the guy with the typewriter supposed to be Linux, symbolized by the antique architecture of Unix, with some more modern touches?

Phrea
July 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Ok...

nrs
July 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
HAHA, Funny and Stupid at the same time
Personally, I think it's the most insightful video to ever emerge on the subject.

KiwiNZ
July 13th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Part of the role of staff is to vet such posts, and after viewing that I feel minutes of my life were wasted

That was just awful, not funny, not clever just rubbish.

Cam!
July 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Generic "Look at me, I'm artsy and provocative" College film crap. Yawn.

LowSky
July 13th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Part of the role of staff is to vet such posts, and after viewing that I feel minutes of my life were wasted

Totally Agree!

nrs, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I've been watch Billy Madison too much lately...:popcorn:

Nano Geek
July 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Generic "Look at me, I'm artsy and provocative" College film crap. Yawn.Hey, I resent that! Although rare, there are some of us college kids with good taste. :P

Perhaps nrs can explain the deeper meaning to us. It seems to have gone over our heads.

nrs
July 13th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Jesus people. I don't think it's meant to be art. At least I hope it isn't.

I don't think there's any meaning to be taken away other than "a retarded argument can only spawn more retardation."

fatality_uk
July 13th, 2010, 09:30 PM

So, SO this!!

KiwiNZ
July 13th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Jesus people. I don't think it's meant to be art. At least I hope it isn't.

I don't think there's any meaning to be taken away other than "a retarded argument can only spawn more retardation."

Please do not use a Disability a term of denigration.

chriswyatt
July 13th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Not to mention A MAC IS A PC, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!! The whole Mac vs. PC thing annoyed the hell out of me when it started and it still annoys me now.

I didn't understand what was going on in that video, but it sort of showed 'PCs' and 'Macs' were about equal, and both seemed to have alcohol issues for some reason. Very odd video.

rottentree
July 13th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Please do not use a Disability a term of denigration.

He didn't use a Disability as a term of denigration.
He used a term of denigration as a term of denigration. You know a word doesn't necessarily have to mean only one thing and even if it has some connection to it's original definition it doesn't mean some kind of ill will against the group described by the original meaning.

chriswyatt
July 13th, 2010, 11:15 PM
He didn't use a Disability as a term of denigration.
He used a term of denigration as a term of denigration. You know a word doesn't necessarily have to mean only one thing and even if it has some connection to it's original definition it doesn't mean some kind of ill will against the group described by the original meaning.

Yeah! You, ahem, no I won't go there actually :o

ElSlunko
July 13th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Some parts reminded me of Jean-Pierre Jeunet films. Mostly city of lost children. Well if the budget was 100 bucks anyways :P.

Nano Geek
July 14th, 2010, 12:38 AM
I don't think it's meant to be art. At least I hope it isn't.

I don't think there's any meaning to be taken away other than "a retarded argument can only spawn more retardation."I agree with what you say. the PC vs. Mac argument is stupid. People should just use whatever they want and leave it at that, but there are other ways to show that that won't cause our IQ levels to plummet.

ubunterooster
July 14th, 2010, 01:07 AM
was the guy with the typewriter supposed to be linux, symbolized by the antique architecture of unix, with some more modern touches?
+1?

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 14th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I can understand the guy with the typewriter.

I have a basic Internet connection. I have never upgraded when the new speeds were offered. My wideband connection speeds started at 3 mbps; however, as the higher priced tiers increased their speed over the years, my speeds increased as well.

The ISP I use is offering 30 mbps and 50 mbps speeds for tiers at additional cost. I'm now getting 15 mbps for a basic Internet connection. Like I said, I have never upgraded.

I know people that have bought new modems, routers, and nic cards to get the fastest speed possible. They have switched ISPs to get the highest speeds. Then they brag about the speeds they get. They are paying twice as much for their connection plus new hardware cost; therefore, I question whether they are really using all that bandwidth or whether they even need it.

I didn't see the video as MAC vs PC. I just saw to people upgrading modems and nics for the purpose of bragging rights.

Maybe the video was over my head. :)

cprofitt
July 14th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I thought it was humorous in a sophomoric kinda way. It was a good use of camera angles and odd sounds.

Thought I rather like this one better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM