PDA

View Full Version : What's your Fashion Sense?

Cam!
July 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I'm curious. What do the many, many Ubuntu users like to wear?

Shirts: Bright-colored/pastel tees and polos from places like JackThreads, DBH, and Banana Republic. I usually get my polos from the Gap or Old Navy.

Pants: I could honestly care less. I normally wear blue jeans or some shorts from Old Navy or the Gap. Hell, even if they're from K-Mart, I guess I wouldn't mind.

Shoes: I'm a big sneaker guy. I'll usually wear bright, multi-colored shoes. I only buy Nike shoes, too. Talk about brand loyalty, huh? :p I also enjoy Hi-Top sneakers.

Accessories: I never leave the house without my Nixon Newton watch, which I won for free off of a prize website. Also, if I see sunglasses laying around, I'll normally slap them on.

Phrea
July 13th, 2010, 06:07 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10: 0

I always wear long sleeved shirts, denim pants and Geox sneakers.

Cam!
July 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10: 0

Well, you could go in-depth, and tell me a composite of your normal, daily outfit!

cj.surrusco
July 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM
T-shirt, jeans/khaki shorts, sneakers, baseball cap.

Doesn't change very often for me.

Phrea
July 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Well, you could go in-depth, and tell me a composite of your normal, daily outfit!

Sorry, I did, in an edit.

h3llb0y~
July 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
T-Shirt, shorts, floaters and my laptop bag :-)

jwbrase
July 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Shirt: T-Shirt or Polo pulled at random from my drawer (or suitcase, this year).

Pants: Jeans.

Shoes: Tennis shoes.

Accessories: A watch I bought at Wal-Mart about five years back. Glasses, (about the only thing I wear *not* from Wal-Mart) though that's not so much "fashion" as "being able to see detail more than a foot from my face".

juancarlospaco
July 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM
The fashion is dead the fashion is dead.
You face got a price.
Open your eyes.
For you and me.
The fashion is **** the **** it´s on you.
You´re ugly just like me.

:) SMITTEN "THE FASHION"

mystmaiden
July 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM
my fashion.. heh, gypsy princess meets early Goodwill ;)

Megaptera
July 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Ballgown, safety boots and chef's hat...
unless I'm at home when it's a kimono, waders and pith helmet.

PhilGil
July 13th, 2010, 08:53 PM
What is this "fashion sense" you speak of?

Phrea
July 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
What is this "fashion sense" you speak of?

:lolflag:

gnomeuser
July 13th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I don't own a whole lot of clothes, I never really cared much about that kind of thing. Thus I would define my style, much to my fiancées frustration, as whatever is on top of the pile when I wake up.

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought new clothes.

cariboo
July 13th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I'm a geek, I have no fashion sense.

ve4cib
July 13th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'm also in the "I can't remember the last time I bought new clothes" group. Honestly, I think the last wearable item I bought was a gas mask, which just goes to show you where my priorities lie.

In terms of day-to-day fashion, I'm typically in zip-off hiking trousers, a short-sleeved, button-down shirt, sunglasses, and either hiking boots or trainers (depending on the weather).

KiwiNZ
July 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I don't buy fashion but I do buy well made and quality as it is cost efficient.

nothingspecial
July 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
whatever is on top of the pile when I wake up.

I just lost 4 stone, and as a result 7-8 inches off my waist, so treated myself to a heap of new, nice clothes (well they are still all jeans and tshirts, but good nice ones)

I still, however, pick whatever is on the top, it`s just that now (for the moment) whatever on the top is good.

I have learned one thing though, I am never going clothes shopping for myself with my wife again as long as I live............... I wouldnever dream of going with her if she was shopping for herself.

powerpleb
July 14th, 2010, 01:25 AM
My favourite item of clothing is a slightly furry, skin coloured number I call my birthday suit.

Lucradia
July 14th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Pants (Summer) = Shorts (Jeans)
pants (Winter/Fall) = Pants (Jeans)

Shoes (Fall/spring/work) = velcro black shoes
Shoes (Summer) = Sandals
Shoes (Snow/etc.) = boots

Shirt (Summer - Non-Roadtrip) = T-shirt
Shirt (Summer - Roadtrip) = Lightweight long-sleeve
Shirt (Winter/Fall/Spring/Summer) = t-shirt (As I wear a columbia winter jacket with a lot of insulation for wintry days. No need for long-sleeves.)

Head (Usual) = 360-bill hat
Head (Cold Winter) = Ear-muffs / cloth stretchy hat

Fashion sense = 0 (I wear whatever's next in my dresser)

red_Marvin
July 14th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I do almost never buy clothes, so most is what I have been given at birthdays etc.
I wish I had more cargo pants, and single colour t-shirts (black, red, dark blue).

DownTown22
July 14th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Work (office) - Jeans or business/casual dress pants with long sleeved, button-up collared shirts (sometimes short sleeves when it's hot out) and suits when I need to. Sketchers dress shoes. GUESS watch.

Work (field) - Whatever cheap clothes I get from the used clothing store and appropriate layers for when the snow falls. Merrel shoes, CAT steel-toed boots, Sorrel winter boots, Baffin steel-toed winter boots. $10 watch from Walmart. Sweet-*** safety glasses.

Not at work - Jeans or shorts (depends on the weather), various short or long-sleeved button up shirts, numerous T-shirts (BustedTees, Jinx, ThinkGeek). Sketchers dress shoes, Sketchers skate shoes, Sanuks, Merrel runners, Merrel winter hikers. GUESS watch.

Superkoop
July 14th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I'm not very fashionable, though I do know what looks good... I just can't afford it though.

My usual style in the warm months:
Pants: Shorts, I usually like surf shorts, just because they dry quickly when I randomly jump in a lake.
Shirt: T-shirts; not much to say, other than that I wear mediums because they are a bit tighter, and I have a nice chest, so I show it off...
Shoes: I like boat shoes, partly because they look nice, partly because I like saying boat shoes.
Accessories: I sometimes wear an Ankh necklace, also, I have a hair band which broke tied around my wrist, along with a wish bracelet tied around my wrist.

Cold months:
Pants: Blue jeans - nothing special, just nice jeans from Target, or similar loose/straight styles.
Shirts: I still wear T-shirts in winter, except I wear sweaters/hoodies over them. As far as sweaters go, generally thick warm things from places like American Eagle, or other places less expensive... Hoodies, I just go with any old thing, it's cool.
Shoes: I still wear boat shoes, they're cold, but I still think they look good, I like saying their name, and they dry easy from being coated with snow...
Accessories: Same as summer; Ankh necklace and the bracelets.

sandyd
July 14th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I dress.... like any normal person would... work (its warm all year round :D): dress,tshirt,halter top, ( really, anything that doesnt violate the dress code) and jeans. then randomly pick a set of earrings, and my ruby necklace. done.

Tech2077
July 14th, 2010, 05:45 AM
My fashion sense is heap/stack oriented

Sorleia
July 14th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Shirt: I grab something semi-randomly from my drawer, usually a T-shirt of one kind or another.

Pants: I pick my pants based off of what my shirt was.

Shoes: Same idea as pants. Though I really like a specific pair of boots I have...

v1ad
July 14th, 2010, 05:55 AM
guess clothes. going out somewhere nice, a dress shirt with jeans. regular shirt and shorts for my room.

Legendary_Bibo
July 14th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Shirts: I always wear loose fitting t-shirts, and nice long sleeve shirts. I have one shirt which is a cotton long sleeve without cuffs! You have no idea how hard these type of shirts are to find. I also wear under armour, they're so comfy, and I've tried knock offs, you're not paying for brand name with these, they're actually nice shirts.
Pants: Blue jeans, cargo shorts, or running shorts.
Shoes: Running shoes, always. You never when you've got to run, it nice to be wearing the right shoes.

Khakilang
July 14th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Collar T-shirts and pants any pants. Sometime I wear jeans in rough environment.

amitabhishek
July 14th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I am a sucker for linen clothing. Normally I don't miss half priced sales. Linens are among the first to disappear.

Though not apt for all occasions but I love to wear half sleeved shirts, comfort fit trousers whenever I can.

cascade9
July 14th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Shirts: Tshiorts normally. Mostly black, quite often band shirts...I do own a fair few plain white and red shirts as well. Just to break up the black ;) Also some business shirts, black, red and green. Everything else I own is black, LOL. Blame my mum for not letter me have black clothes as a child. "You cant have that black stuff, you cant wash black with colours" :(

Pants: Jeans. Perferably non-strech. In summer, shorts.

Shoes: Pretty much always high-tops or boots. I used to have a lot of connies, but the build quality on them has been going down the whole time I've been buying them, so I've started buying vans, which are better built. As for the boots, I've got a couple of pairs of docs (12+14 hole versions) and some very odd buckle points.

Jacket: Leather dress jacket.

Accessories: Umm...a backpack? With a steel water bottle, my mp3 player (iRiver E100) a junk mobile phone, and a jumper or business shirt in autum/winter.

*edit- I've been told that my fashion sense is 'non-nazi SS officer' :lolflag:

szymon_g
July 14th, 2010, 09:45 AM
@Summer
Shirts- black, cotton t-shirts, size XL
Pants- blue shorts
Shoes- sandals and socks

@Winter
Shirts- as above, or army coolmax t-shirts and jumper/norgee + fleece /green or olive/ + black ecwcs1 jacket
Pants- black m65 pants
Shoes- army boots + wool socks (icebreaker rulez!)

gemmakaru
July 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
My fave summer dress is floral in nature but kind of pixelated like digital camo as seen in avatar. Digitized flowers kind of, the pixels are 3mm square, the colours are red, yellow green purple and orange with a black base.

Mostly I wear a variety of skirts and tops and mix and match them, or dresses. I try not to wear the same shoes two days in a row. Wearing jeans today for the first time since winter, fancied a change.