PDA

View Full Version : What is the nicest thing anyone did to you?

anaconda
July 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
And how long did the effects last?

Almost 10 months ago someone did THE nicest thing to me.

Been happy ever since.. if my mood threatens to go down, all I have to do is to think about what happened and I am happy again. This also happens automatically most days, because I can experience the effects most days.

How long can this continue?

Never seen anything like it.. Amazing. :D

(PS. No it wasn't sex.. you perverts. It had nothing to do with anything physical)

Phrea
July 13th, 2010, 05:38 PM
My gf once took me to the beach, in the middle of the night.

I can't handle an UV-A/B, and visible light in general, and she knew I SO wanted to go to the beach, just for once. Just to feel the sand between my toes and feel the water once more.

She remembered that, and while driving from my home to hers one day, she took the most wonderful detour ever: right to the beach, at around 01:00.

EDIT: this was about 6 years ago, and it makes me smile to this day, whenever I think about it.

Dragonbite
July 13th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Nice story.

Nothing is coming to mind right now, but that's also because I'm trying to do work.

UKBB
July 13th, 2010, 05:51 PM
@anaconda (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=81690)

You want to know our experiences but you won't share yours?

anaconda
July 13th, 2010, 06:03 PM
@anaconda (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=81690)

You want to know our experiences but you won't share yours?

:D

Well. it was a small thing. Which just happened to hit me spot on.

Thought you would think I was nuts to have such a small thing have so amazingly big effect.

Something I tried to achieve for over 10 years, and finally gave up thinking it was impossible. then 4 years later a very special girl does something, and all the baggage is gone.... just like that.

maybe angels do exist after all...

A small thing kind of like Phreas beach visit, except I don't think Phrea thought visit to the beach would be impossible...

I'll think about it.... Maybe I will tell about it a bit later...

EDIT: Phrea. thanks for sharing. 6 years.. sounds promising. Hope my happiness will last as long (or longer)

Lucradia
July 13th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Don't worry, you'll never tell us.

I won't tell mine, since I have none...

Dragonbite
July 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM
:D

Well. it was a small thing. Which just happened to hit me spot on.

Thought you would think I was nuts to have such a small thing have so amazingly big effect.

Something I tried to achieve for over 10 years, and finally gave up thinking it was impossible. then 4 years later a very special girl does something, and all the baggage is gone.... just like that.

maybe angels do exist after all...

A small thing kind of like Phreas beach visit, except I don't think Phrea thought visit to the beach would be impossible...

I'll think about it.... Maybe I will tell about it a bit later...

EDIT: Phrea. thanks for sharing. 6 years.. sounds promising. Hope my happiness will last as long (or longer)

Don't feel like you have to, because you don't. Just bask in the glow and keep the good feelings warm!

Penguin Guy
July 13th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Someone built you a baggage-collecting robot? Cool :P

Seriously though, the suspense is killing me, what happened?

chriswyatt
July 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Someone randomly gave me a DVD at work, which was pretty nice of them. DVDs are pretty inexpensive but it was still a nice gesture, and it's rare people give you presents outside of the predetermined times and dates (birthdays, Christmases etc.)

DVD got stolen at a houseparty :(

Oh, it was Road Trip btw., it was better than I was expecting it to be, I thought maybe he'd given it to me because it was crap. :popcorn:

Phrea
July 13th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Someone randomly gave me a DVD at work, which was pretty nice of them. DVDs are pretty inexpensive but it was still a nice gesture, and it's rare people give you presents outside of the predetermined times and dates (birthdays, Christmases etc.)

DVD got stolen at a houseparty :(

Oh, it was Road Trip btw., it was better than I was expecting it to be, I thought maybe he'd given it to me because it was crap. :popcorn:

I love Road Trip, it's one of those brain off, movies that one can just enjoy for what they are: entertainment.

Megaptera
July 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM
When I was 5 or 6 yrs old (40 + yrs ago) I went with my mum, brother & sister to a fair. The 3 of them chose ice cream but I've never liked that so ... I fancied a doughnut. We went to the doughnut seller but he said he only sold boxes of 6 ... so we walked away.
I must have looked so upset he ran after us and gave me a single doughnut for free!!1
That's stuck with me - a simple act of kindness!!

Phrea
July 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
When I was 5 or 6 yrs old (40 + yrs ago) I went with my mum, brother & sister to a fair. The 3 of them chose ice cream but I've never liked that so ... I fancied a doughnut. We went to the doughnut seller but he said he only sold boxes of 6 ... so we walked away.
I must have looked so upset he ran after us and gave me a single doughnut for free!!1
That's stuck with me - a simple act of kindness!!

Ahw... Cute ! :')