PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] What is this for?

mx32
July 13th, 2010, 05:35 AM
In genome top panel, if you click in your user name, a menu appears with your on-line status options and additionally, there is an empty field where you can type. But, what is the empty field for?
See attachment

cj.surrusco
July 13th, 2010, 05:45 AM
In genome top panel, if you click in your user name, a menu appears with your on-line status options and additionally, there is an empty field where you can type. But, what is the empty field for?
See attachment

I believe that is for your status when you are using an IM client.

AceRoom
July 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
As mentioned above, status message in IM clients.

I think that it also updates your Facebook and twitter statuses if you're logged into Gwibber.

mx32
July 14th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Thanks for your response.
Before posting my question I did try it while logged into Empathy (Gmail, Hotmail and Facebook accounts) but nothing happened, did not work with Gwibber either (logged into Facebook and Twitter). I will try again later today, but before expending time trying to configure it, Has someone used it already?
Thanks

Boondoklife
July 14th, 2010, 01:34 AM
works fine on gwibber for me, never thought to lok at empathy though so dont know.

mx32
July 14th, 2010, 07:31 AM
works fine on gwibber for me, never thought to lok at empathy though so dont know.

Finally. It worked with gwibber for me too.
Thanks

This close this thread :)

mx32
July 14th, 2010, 08:05 AM
After a few minutes doing tests, I can conclude that it is for Gwibber but not for IM (not for Empathy).

In order to work with Gwibber, you need to be logged and the icons at the bottom of the Gwibber window have to be enabled (Facebook and Twitter in my case) otherwise the empty field will not show up. ;)