PDA

View Full Version : 10.04 remix takes really long time to boot after auto update

cking37
July 13th, 2010, 03:36 AM
i think the subject speaks for itself, but i will elaborate. i recently broke down in the face of morbid curiosity and clicked that little version update button. it seems to run flawlessly (after i uninstalled the pesky touchpad) but it takes a long time to boot up now. at least a full minute. is this normal? how would i fix it?

i will add also that it said my version of grub had been modified (which i dont remember doing, but may have) so i told it to leave the current one in place. if this is the cause of my problem, is there an easy way to fix it?

kerry_s
July 13th, 2010, 04:21 AM
i assume you updated from 9.10-> 10.04 ?

there are always lots of changes between releases, thats why a clean install is recommended.

when you say "long time to boot" do you actually mean the startup after grub or after the log in window where you log in to the desktop?

cking37
July 18th, 2010, 06:57 PM
i mean between when i see the grub screen, and when i get to use the computer. like i said its a minute or more. i got an error the last time i booted with the thing unplugged, but i dont remember what it said. tired of waiting for something.. i think