PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Lost settings on Xubuntu 10.04

madmax_haskovo
July 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hi folks.

I have one problem these days: I've installed recently on my Eee PC 901 Xubuntu 10.04 and it works very well, but every time when I logout and then log in again, the desktop drops to the default icons and GTK themes. Then I've figured it out: on logout and then login the XFCE's settings daemon xfsettingsd is not loading. It's not so big problem, but it's annoying. Can you tell me how to solve this? Maybe there is a way to autostart this daemon or something... Thanks in advance.

Philip Petev

bobcollard
July 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Hi folks.

I have one problem these days: I've installed recently on my Eee PC 901 Xubuntu 10.04 and it works very well, but every time when I logout and then log in again, the desktop drops to the default icons and GTK themes. Then I've figured it out: on logout and then login the XFCE's settings daemon xfsettingsd is not loading. It's not so big problem, but it's annoying. Can you tell me how to solve this? Maybe there is a way to autostart this daemon or something... Thanks in advance.

Philip Petev
in Settings/Xfce4 Settings Manager/Session and Startup: check the box for "Automatically save session on logout."

madmax_haskovo
July 12th, 2010, 06:26 PM
in Settings/Xfce4 Settings Manager/Session and Startup: check the box for "Automatically save session on logout."

I did it, but the result was the same :(

bobcollard
July 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I did it, but the result was the same :(
Sorry, it worked for me. Perhaps someone else can help?