PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cursor drags itself towards the screen edge ! :-(

AM_SOS
July 12th, 2010, 07:58 AM
hi all,
a few days ago i had posted a note expressing my disgruntled reactions about numerous bugs in 10.04.
since then i have been typing a good amount of on OO writer. and this has thrown up more issues with 10.04.
after every few minutes of typing, pointer simply drags itself to one side of the screen ! sometimes this is towards the right end, sometimes towards the lower left etc.
when i try to move it away from the edge, there is constant pulling back effect and it drags itself to the edge of the screen the moment i stop dragging in another direction.
i had experienced this before but it didn't seem serious so i left it at that.
now doing any typing work is fast becoming irritating.
the problem of course is rectified by a re-boot using which i am able to do using the keyboard.
needless to say i had never experienced this problem with earlier ubuntu versions.
comments anyone ? am i the only one with this issue ? how do i file a bug report ?
thanks !

Yarui
July 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Are you sure this is a bug? It seems more likely that it is a hardware issue. Not saying it isn't possible, of course.

If you think it should be reported, though, this should help you.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

gwaar
July 12th, 2010, 08:26 AM
If you have a laptop, it can be fairly common, especially with your wrists resting right near the trackpad. I know my mother used to get incredibly annoyed by the same type of thing. Even if you have a desktop with a regular mouse I have to agree with the above and say it's more likely caused by a hardware problem than with Ubuntu; almost no program bug is going to mess with your cursor, especially one like OO-writer.