PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Automatic pausing of audio/video files when kept idle

rtruth
July 12th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Hi friends,

I am starting this new thread to find a solution for my existing audio/video issues with Ubuntu 9.04.

When I play an audio file (even video file for that matter) the file stops abruptly when the system is untouched, i.e. when the system is in an idle state.

Practically, when I play a song it plays well for about 2 to 3 minutes but when I do not press any keys on the keyboard or click the mouse button for the same 2 to 3 minutes the audio file stops abruptly. When I move the mouse or press any key on the keyboard the audio continues to play.

Please note that when I move the mouse pointer or press any key in the keyboard the stopped audio plays by taking into account the time lost in bringing the system back to active state. In other words if the audio length is for say 5 minutes, and it stops in the 2nd minute when the system idles. When I activate the system by pressing any key on the keyboard after the 3rd minute, the audio plays from the 3rd minute and not from the 2nd minute unlike pausing.

This problem happens even when I watch videos in Youtube as well.

I request you friends to help me fix this issue through your posts.

Thanks and Regards,
A. Alex.