PDA

View Full Version : Espaņa campeona !!

JC Cheloven
July 11th, 2010, 11:29 PM
The team from the Netherlands was good and tough.
A champion was needed to defeat it :rolleyes:

Bachstelze
July 11th, 2010, 11:33 PM
http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/funny-graphs-good-team-playing-bad-world-cup-parodox-england-still-winning-spain-japan-germany.png

the8thstar
July 11th, 2010, 11:45 PM
12 yellow cards, 1 red card... hardly a gentlemen's match if you ask me. But I'm happy for Spain and all Spanish people!

Felicitaciones!!!

JC Cheloven
July 12th, 2010, 12:25 AM
12 yellow cards, 1 red card... hardly a gentlemen's match if you ask me. But I'm happy for Spain and all Spanish people!

Felicitaciones!!!

Not to bash a very worthy rival, but their strategy in the first half seemed to be kicking us from the square, literally.
IMO the fair play has won this time.

Laxman_prodigy
July 12th, 2010, 02:56 AM
http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/funny-graphs-good-team-playing-bad-world-cup-parodox-england-still-winning-spain-japan-germany.png

I would like to disagree with that. Spain won because they played great.

Germany lost to Spain because they were outplayed in every quarter of the game. Football is not always about rushing forward with 6 players to score a goal.

Period.

The only thing there agreeable is England.

Xianath
July 12th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Puyol deserved a second yellow card? Also, Howard Webb?! Come on, the guy obviously gets confused which team to back up in any match that doesn't involve ManU :) If only Colina hadn't retired...

TBH I'd have loved to see a Holland-Germany final and an Uruguay-Spain third-place match. Much better matched gameplay styles. You can't pitch NFL linebackers against a bunch of fashion models and expect the former not to rough up the latter. Football is a game of manhood as much as it is one of skill. Lying on the grass for two minutes after every nudge doesn't cut it in my book.