seenthelite
July 11th, 2010, 04:29 AM
http://www.networkworld.com/community/Ubuntu-Linux-wins-over-Windows-user

themarker0
July 11th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Thats just someones opinion.

chessnerd
July 11th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I must say, it's always refreshing to hear a fresh perspective on Linux, especially from a Windows power user.

I don't necessarily agree with all of their points, but I found one quote to be very enlightened:

It [Linux] probably won't kill Windows (only Microsoft could do that), but Windows won't kill desktop Linux, either.
Dead on (no pun intended). Only Microsoft can kill Windows at this point.

Firefox didn't start to kill IE--Firefox isn't good enough to do that--Microsoft let it die. The moment that they decided to stop active development on IE 6, Microsoft shot themselves in the foot. Now, they are lagging behind in the race. Even with their head start, they probably are going to be passed pretty soon.

Similar mistakes by Microsoft could lead to the downfall of Windows, but I don't think that Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, Solaris, or any OS is good enough to kill it without Microsoft doing some damage themselves.

Thats just someones opinion.
And that is just your opinion.

This is just my opinion.

McRat
July 11th, 2010, 05:06 AM
You are seeing blogs and news articles more and more frequently with similar attitudes.

earthpigg
July 11th, 2010, 05:15 AM
i like this statement:

On the other, as soon as I stopped expecting it to be harder, it stopped being harder.

the opinions expressed on the blogosphere don't matter because bloggers are somehow better qualified than anyone else to form an opinion.

the opinions expressed on the blogosphere matter because many people think bloggers are somehow better qualified than anyone else to form an opinion.

so, yes, it matters what bloggers say.