PDA

View Full Version : Im about to become a mommy!

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 03:29 AM
a) Im currently in the middle of my 9th month of pregnancy (I really don't know how that happened ;) ), which is one of the reasons I haven't been here for the last while...

b) Getting married in August

:) :) :)

Hmm. guess I wont be here for much of the summer...
Looking back at my life though, Ill have to say ive gone pretty far, from lying in the street to where I am right now.

see ya guys.

MasterNetra
July 11th, 2010, 03:35 AM
And probably not much after giving birth either for the next several years. :) But best of luck to ya. Gonna need it. :p

forrestcupp
July 11th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Congratulations! That's awesome. I have an 11 month old boy. He's a handful, but I love him and his 6 1/2 year old brother.

So are you going to end up marrying your brother? :D

Sporkman
July 11th, 2010, 03:47 AM
I recommend you breast-feed. It's one of the best things you can do for your kid's health. It's a pain, but it's worth it.

...Congrats! 8)

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Congratulations! That's awesome. I have an 11 month old boy. He's a handful, but I love him and his 6 1/2 year old brother.

Hes not my biological brother, hes my adopted brother! -> So are you going to end up marrying your brother? :D

you still remember about that eh? :P

yup :)

Legendary_Bibo
July 11th, 2010, 03:53 AM

So are you going to end up marrying your brother? :D

Uhhh...was that a typo. :confused:

forrestcupp
July 11th, 2010, 03:58 AM
you still remember about that eh? :P

yup :)

What are you doing editing my posts? :D

I don't forget things easily.

Congratulations all around.

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Uhhh...was that a typo. :confused:

Hes not my biological brother, hes adopted! -> So are you going to end up marrying your brother? :D

not typo :)
yeah.... all the people im living with right now are part of my family, except that none of us are related biologically. (at least once will by one month!)

Legendary_Bibo
July 11th, 2010, 04:10 AM
yeah.... all the people im living with right now are part of my family, except that none of us are related biologically. (at least once will by one month!)

Ohhh...okay, haha yeah I was like wait wat? :D

Well congratulations!

sudoer541
July 11th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Congrats Carlee, all the best... and we love you!!!:p

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Ohhh...okay, haha yeah I was like wait wat? :D

Well congratulations!

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Congrats Carlee, all the best... and we love you!!!:p

earthpigg
July 11th, 2010, 05:18 AM
grats!

earthpigg
July 11th, 2010, 05:22 AM
given thought to names, yet?

is "earthpigg" in consideration? only for a boy, of course. it would be rediculous for a girl to be named earthpigg.

Sporkman
July 11th, 2010, 05:25 AM
is "earthpigg" in consideration? only for a boy, of course. it would be rediculous for a girl to be named earthpigg.

She could be named:

Cocoa Dee Terry

garvinrick4
July 11th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Congrats carlee the trip you are going on go's by so fast, just enjoy all the
moments. At least until she is 13 or 14 and then you will get to witness one
of the true miracles of this World, a teenager.
Sincerely Rick

McRat
July 11th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Soon to be Congrats! :KS

Elfy
July 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Congrats carlee - mostly it's fun :D

gnomeuser
July 11th, 2010, 08:53 AM
a) Im currently in the middle of my 9th month of pregnancy (I really don't know how that happened ;)

I am sure I could explain it to you, but the graphic nature of the language required would probably get me banned. Sufficed to say I assume we are looking at a birds and bees situation.

hansdown
July 11th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Congratulations, carlee!

Always try to think happy thoughts.

Viva
July 11th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Congratulations Carlee. Here's to a happy married life and a safe pregnancy.

Paqman
July 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM

You might be, just at really odd hours!

You need something to do when you're sitting up feeding or settling the baby in the middle of the night. I've got a four-month old daughter, and i've powered through a ton of books since she was born. My wife got a Kindle and I use Aldiko on an Android phone. But yeah, we've both been known to drag out a netbook, too.

Actually speaking of netbooks, now that you'll find yourself having to do everything with one hand, you might find a PC you can balance on a knee and/or use one-handed just the ticket.

fatality_uk
July 11th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Many congrats!!!

Swagman
July 11th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Congrats from here too.

I predict the baby will be........ Human !!

wirepuller134
July 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Congratulations!!! It's well worth it and a lot of fun. We have 4 of our own and 2 adopted. (youngest one just turned 15 Friday)
Will the baby have the same sun glasses?

gnomeuser
July 11th, 2010, 11:46 AM

I've known many different kinds of relationships and living arrangements but this one is new. Interesting.

spoons
July 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Congratulations!

nnamdi
July 11th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Hey carlee congrats...

scouser73
July 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
All the best to you.

alket
July 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Congratulations!

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I've known many different kinds of relationships and living arrangements but this one is new. Interesting.

my parents are adoptive parents. they didnt have children of their own, so they adopted a huge bunch of people to make up their family. we all still live together, except for the parents, who are now living in retirement homes.

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
given thought to names, yet?

yup, shees already named :) - Melanie

Khakilang
July 11th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Congratulations Carlee! Best of luck to you!

Frogs Hair
July 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Congrats mommy !

I'm sure you will have time visit the forums every now and then.

mystmaiden
July 11th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Congrats! Have a Happy Baby!

wipeout140
July 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Congratulations

schauerlich
July 11th, 2010, 07:22 PM
my parents are adoptive parents. they didnt have children of their own, so they adopted a huge bunch of people to make up their family. we all still live together, except for the parents, who are now living in retirement homes.

How old were you when you were adopted? (sorry, just curious. Maybe you could do an AMA (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/)?)

sandyd
July 11th, 2010, 07:26 PM
How old were you when you were adopted? (sorry, just curious (curiosity is ok!). Maybe you could do an AMA (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/)?)

I was 16-17, im still a bit confused wether im one year older, one year younger, or the correct age I believe myself to be.

xpod
July 11th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I was 16-17, im still a bit confused wether im one year older, one year younger, or the correct age I believe myself to be.

At least you have a genuine reason to be confused about your exact age. My better half knows perfectly well she`s 39 but she`s forever trying her luck with 38. :D
Considering the circumstances i`m sure you`d rather know for sure of course.

Best of luck to you & your new addition either way. Babies are wonderful, it`s when they become teens the trouble starts. ;)

tgalati4
July 11th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Gentoo would be a cool name for either a girl or a boy.

sanderella
July 11th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Congratulations! may you have an easy painless delivery. Lovely name Melanie. :KS

sandyd
July 12th, 2010, 02:41 AM
thanks all ! :) :)

forrestcupp
July 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Gentoo would be a cool name for either a girl or a boy.

A Gentoo is a penguin. I like Fedora better for a girl.

RiceMonster
July 12th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Congratz! Good luck in the future with your child, and make sure you have a good time at your wedding :).

samalex
July 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Carlee... Congrats! We're expecting our second kiddo in September, so it's a crazy ride.

Sam

donkyhotay
July 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM
conga rats!

gnomeuser
July 12th, 2010, 04:22 PM
http://15web.com/Oz/userfiles/CongaRats.gif

Congratulations to the new little family, I trust that Melanie will be a Linux user.

frncz
July 12th, 2010, 04:36 PM
A Gentoo is a penguin. I like Fedora better for a girl.

But Fedora is a type of hat!

kamaboko
July 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Any bets on baby's first word? "Mommy", "Daddy", or could it be "Gnome, KDE, Linux" or something bold like "Command Line" or "Repository".

Swagman
July 12th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Oh

I gotta brand new pair of roller skates
you got a brand new bab-ee

Shakz
July 12th, 2010, 05:41 PM
a) Im currently in the middle of my 9th month of pregnancy (I really don't know how that happened ;) ), which is one of the reasons I haven't been here for the last while...

Looking back at my life though, Ill have to say ive gone pretty far, from lying in the street to where I am right now.

see ya guys.

Grats Carlee!
Having a child...wow what a change.
I have a 3 year old myself. I can tell you that your life is about to be turned upside down by your favorite person in the whole world; who you have not even met yet.
My son is the first person that I loved with everything in me the very second I saw him. It is an amazing experience. Little bugger drives me crazy too. Welcome to the adventure of parenthood.

era86
July 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I bet this has already been said, name him/her Tux.. :)

sudoer541
July 12th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Melanie is a cute name, nice choice!!!

Ralob
July 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM
What wonderful news! I hope everything continues smoothly for both the delivery and the upcoming nuptials. Congrats!! :):):)

cguy
July 12th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Say good-bye to sleeping! :D

gemmakaru
July 12th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Congratulations.

98cwitr
July 12th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Im sure your parents are very proud of you.

sandyd
July 13th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Im sure your parents are very proud of you.
my biological parents probably don't even know im married :O

ubunterooster
July 13th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Congrats

Ric_NYC
July 13th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Congratulations!

see ya guys.

Tristam Green
July 13th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Congrats from here too.

I predict the baby will be........ Human !!

Orange and Brown? I guess that's better than Aubergine.

laffo

Congrats carlee :)

Chronon
July 13th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Congratulations. :KS

renkinjutsu
July 13th, 2010, 05:51 AM

see ya guys.

When in August? My birthday is in August, and now i have one more thing to be thinking about (a good thing) while celebrating!

Congratulations, Carlee.

Will we start seeing your husband, frequent this part of the internet soon?

HermanAB
July 13th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Aaaawww... a baby Tux?

Congrats!

pmlxuser
July 13th, 2010, 08:35 AM
let me get this straight, you were able to use linux and able to procreate.. damn i envey you.
Didn't know women who use linux can get pregnant, this is news to me.

CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER THEN

sandyd
July 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
When in August? My birthday is in August, and now i have one more thing to be thinking about (a good thing) while celebrating!

Congratulations, Carlee.

Will we start seeing your husband, frequent this part of the internet soon?

there was a thread derailment about this earlier (and it was closed no doubt). this account (I changed my nickname to dolphinaura, which is why everything about me, all links point to dolphinaura) is run by both me and my husband.

forrestcupp
July 13th, 2010, 06:07 PM
But Fedora is a type of hat!

True, but I'd rather have my daughter named after a stylish hat than a short squatty bird that can't even fly. :)

Besides, Fedora sounds more like a girl's name.

Let's compromise and just say Melanie. ;)

juancarlospaco
July 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Congratz!!!

Im about to become a mummy.

ikt
July 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Congratulations!

:KS:KS:KS:KS

sandyd
July 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
baby comming somethime tomorow! :)

ubunterooster
July 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
:D h

forrestcupp
July 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Is she here yet?

We expect you to post from your hospital bed. :)

gnomeuser
July 15th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Is she here yet?

We expect you to post from your hospital bed. :)

What with her addiction level I would at least have expected her to twitter the birth.

jk, I hope mother and lovely baby are both in good condition. Welcome to the world Mellie, have a good one.

mosshorn
July 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Her middle name shall be your favorite distro. nuff said XD

Kdar
July 15th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Make from her a linux geek :)!!!!

sandyd
July 16th, 2010, 02:06 AM
finally. home. with new baby. Exhausted
Going to sleep. now.

Directive 4
July 16th, 2010, 02:42 AM
are your glasses photoshoped?

jwbrase
July 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Going to sleep. now.

Congrats!

But don't make my parents mistake:

They spent the first two years of my life teaching me to walk and talk. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but they've spent the last 21 trying to get me to sit down and shut up. :twisted:

forrestcupp
July 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Going to sleep. now.Wow! That was quick. But then again, both of my babies were born C-Section.

They spent the first two years of my life teaching me to walk and talk. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but they've spent the last 21 trying to get me to sit down and shut up. :twisted:
When you get to be my age, all you feel like doing is sitting down and shutting up. :)

RiceMonster
July 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
When you get to be my age, all you feel like doing is sitting down and shutting up. :)

Should I stay off your lawn?

forrestcupp
July 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM

If you don't mind. I don't really feel up to standing up and shouting at you. :)

Swagman
July 16th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Grande Torino ?

Good to see Mum & baby doing ok.

Swagman
August 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
So.. Howz it going then Carlee ?

Baby sleeping all through the night yet ?