PDA

View Full Version : Dd-wrt

gletob
July 10th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I love my new DD-WRT router. For years I've been running 3 wireless devices almost constantly in my room. My Desktop, Laptop (Which is more of a second desktop for me), and my xbox. Now I don't have to deal with wireless dongles or my desktops wireless card over heating. I was a little skeptical of the ebay auction that I bough this router from, and the router has no brand name but I love it so far.

I've got it set up in repeater bridge mode that allows me to connect the router to my current wifi network, connect clients wired to it and access my current network, and boost the wireless signal of my current network. I love my new router, and am very thankful to the DD-WRT team, for creating such great firmware.

Here is the auction btw: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120565479865

pwnst*r
July 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Not sure why anyone here would want to buy one with it pre-installed, but your setup definitely works. I use the same set up using Linksys routers, the bridged router wired to my ps3, 360, and receiver.

gletob
July 10th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Not sure why anyone here would want to buy one with it pre-installed, but your setup definitely works. I use the same set up using Linksys routers, the bridged router wired to my ps3, 360, and receiver.

Yeah I could handled it myself, but seemed like a good deal for a router with 16Mb Ram/8 Mb Flash.

pwnst*r
July 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM
It's a good deal, although I got a Linksys N for about the same price. I certainly applaud more advertisement/discussion of DD-WRT though =]

Bachstelze
July 10th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Love my Soekris. <3

gletob
July 10th, 2010, 09:58 PM
It's a good deal, although I got a Linksys N for about the same price. I certainly applaud more advertisement/discussion of DD-WRT though =]

OOOOOOOOOHHH

What Model?

chriswyatt
July 10th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I bought a cheap DG834GT so I could stick OpenWRT on it, but have been having trouble flashing the damn thing :(. Wanted to have a play, oh well.

pwnst*r
July 11th, 2010, 12:15 AM
OOOOOOOOOHHH

What Model?

It's a WRT150N. Got it for under $40 shipped about a year ago.