PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang Theory versus The IT Crowd?

earthpigg
July 10th, 2010, 05:26 AM
-Both shows are nerd and/or geek-tastic (no, let's not have that debate).
-Both mention Ubuntu to the careful observer (or effective googler).

Which do you enjoy more?

chessnerd
July 10th, 2010, 05:41 AM
The Big Bang Theory, definitely.

The IT Crowd is also funny, but I think the Big Bang Theory is better for several reasons, a big one being its cast.

Sheldon FTW!

Stancel
July 10th, 2010, 05:47 AM
The Big Bang Theory.

marshmallow1304
July 10th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Never seen IT Crowd. Was not overly impressed with BBT. Laugh tracks/studio audiences in sitcoms usually turn me off.

Spr0k3t
July 10th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Never heard of "The IT Crowd", but then again I had never heard of TBBT until it's third season. I tend to avoid any television broadcasts which have advertisements littered amongst them. So out of curiosity, what season is "The IT Crowd" in?

amitabhishek
July 10th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Never heard of The IT crowd. BBT is the best. Leonard is one lucky dude.

Groucho Marxist
July 10th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Never seen IT Crowd. Was not overly impressed with BBT.

I can watch TBBT because I occasionally hear a hardcore comic book reference or see something in the background that I have in my collection. Other than that, it's not my cup of Enterprise-D Earl Grey.

Laugh tracks/studio audiences in sitcoms usually turn me off.

I agree; one of my audio professors asked my class what they thought the scariest sound in the world was...I answered the laugh track. Why? Because most laugh tracks were recorded during the dawn of television; ergo, many of the people who provided the audio are either dead or dying. So, in essence, you are listening to the sounds of dead and dying people laughing at jokes rejected by the living.

Think of that the next time you're watching the latest Ethnic Mis-Matched Comedy #48 this fall on CNNBCBS. :D

bigsmitty64
July 10th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Bazinga!!

Paqman
July 10th, 2010, 08:11 AM
They're both good. Big Bang Theory has a lot more episodes, but is a bit corny, like most mainstream American sitcoms. IT crowd is a bit edgier, but is also a lot more low-budget and can be a bit hit-and-miss. Their videos about piracy and "Friendface" have become classics though.

LOL @ Moss having an Ubuntu sticker on his monitor, btw. Are we really that bad? :P

The Real Dave
July 10th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I prefer The IT Crowd...........

BAZINGA!

Only joking :) I love the Big Bang Theory. The IT Crowd is ok, but Sheldon just tips the scales in TBBT's favour :)

BigSilly
July 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Not seen Big Bang Theory, but I love the IT Crowd. New series has been fantastic so far.

wipeout140
July 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Not seen Big Bang Theory, but I love the IT Crowd. New series has been fantastic so far.

Yeah i agree the new season of IT Crowd (Season 4) is pretty funny, however i do like BBT but i think its more aimed at American audiences

Chilli Bob
July 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Big Bang Theory is a comedy? I didn't hear anyone laughing.

Seriously though, IT Crowd is awesome. Moss is one of the greatest comedy characters ever.