PDA

View Full Version : Where to post about Thunderbird?

wenfuli
July 10th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Where is the best place to make complaints/suggestions regarding Thunderbird/Lightning? I've looked at the Mozilla web page but can't find anything there. Can I do it here?

stmiller
July 10th, 2010, 03:52 AM
There is a mozilla forum:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/

Version Dependency
July 10th, 2010, 05:55 AM
I've noticed alot of people complain about Firefox and Thunderbird on these forums, and much of the time are not related to Ubuntu at all. Maybe having a link to the Mozilla forums somewhere prominent on these forums would be a good idea...ya know, for people that complain about Firefox being slow and Thunderbird being ugly and such.

wenfuli
July 10th, 2010, 08:41 AM
stmiller: Thank you.

Version Dependency: I actually never thought of Thunderbird being ugly. It looks fine, to be honest. My problem is mostly with tasks -- they quite often disappear and getting them to include the information I want is often a three-step process!

cookiecruncher
July 10th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I don't have a problem with Thunderbird under Ubuntu (it worked OTB), but I installed it under WinXP recently and had problems detecting my pop3 email account, detected it to be IMAP and refuses to function normally.

wenfuli
July 11th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Unfortunately, I can't find a suitable section on the Mozilla forum to voice what I want to say about Thunderbird. I shall continue to look for the appropriate place to do so.

In the meantime, le me say my problems are not with Thunderbird itself, but with Lightning. I love Thunderbird as an e-mail client. And for scheduling/tasks, Lightning isn't that bad. There's just a few things that bother me.

I originally started using Thunderbird because I wasn't exactly happy with Evolution, but now I'm wondering if maybe Evolution is better than Thunderbird. Can I ask how other people feel? Which is the better one for calendar/tasks?