PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz Cube

Noorani
July 9th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hello,
I recently started using Ubuntu and used 9.04 Jaunty.Using the Compiz Config Settings Manager I could have 3D windows that floated on top of the cube when it was rotated. But since I upgraded to Lucid I can't see the option of 3D windows on the cube(th windows lie flat on the cube when rotated). Why is that? Is there any way to get that effect back in Lucid

ajgreeny
July 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra. I think it's in those, along with several others I like to use.

Noorani
July 9th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for he reply but I can't install this from the ubuntu software centre.I get some error message saying that it can't be installed

ajgreeny
July 9th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Not sure why that is. Try using synaptic, a much better application for some things than the software-center. Also double check you have the universe and multiverse repos enabled.

Cavsfan
July 9th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra. I think it's in those, along with several others I like to use.

Good thing I saw this thread! Thanks for bringing this up! I was missing some effects myself, but not anymore!
Thanks again!

Noorani
July 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Nope still cant install it. dont know what the problem is

Cavsfan
July 9th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Nope still cant install it. dont know what the problem is

I jut installed it through System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager by copying
compiz-fusion-plugins-extra into the box at the top.

Were you not able to do that?

Noorani
July 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
What you mean into the search box. I searched for it and found it but after I click on Apply changes I get an error message saying that the package was not installed

DrMelon
July 9th, 2010, 10:09 PM
What you mean into the search box. I searched for it and found it but after I click on Apply changes I get an error message saying that the package was not installed

Paste the error message here. Nobody can help you if we don't know what the error was.

steveneddy
July 9th, 2010, 10:14 PM
](*,)

Noorani
July 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Got it to work! Just right now I started having a problem with synaptic as soon as it opens it closes down again. I had the same problem before so I fixed it the same way as before and then tried installig the compiz plugins again and it installed this time round.

ov3rcl0ck
July 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Compiz...eww [-X