PDA

View Full Version : Gnome.org updates

ShanghaiTeej
March 30th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Gnome journal hasn't been updated in a while? I really liked the behind the scenes type interview of Jeff Waugh (similar to KDE's version which also interesting) and want more of it. I think it's good that people know more about the developers that, well, develop Gnome. Gives a little credit to those who are working on these projects without any pay. But yeah, please update (I know there is probably a good reason why there aren't any updates) because there are a bunch of Gnome users and potential Gnome users that are interested, and would like some updates on how Gnome is shaping up in the world!

mostwanted
March 30th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Are you aware of Planet Gnome? That's where I go to get my daily rush of Gnome development updates:

http://planet.gnome.org

ShanghaiTeej
March 30th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Yes, I am constantly reading Planet Gnome (as well as planet KDE), which is great, but doesn't have the organization or articles that are provided by Gnome Journal.

tageiru
March 30th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Gnome journal gets updated every 3 months (more or less)

ShanghaiTeej
March 30th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Fair enough. I would still like to see a consistantly updated version of Behind Gnome. It's a fun way to showcase the free open source movement to current and potential users.