PDA

View Full Version : Sound Juicer FTW

blur xc
July 9th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I've been highly irritated wiht both Banshee and Rhythmbox for the way they handle ripping cds- slow, misplaced folders, and don't get me started on compilation albums... and not to mention how butt hurt Rhythmbox gets if you move your music files into different folders...and Banshee trying ot organize your folders for you...

So, I went looking int repos again and installed thee different apps. One only rops to ogg files, and that's a no go...another was horribly slow, but then - Sound Juicer! Wow- what an application. Rips a CD in 2 - 3 minutes!! Other programs were taking over 15, and it lets me put the music in whatever folder I want it in! No more will I have music form the same artist end up in several differnt folders depending on the data it fetches from the internet having different punctuation or capitalization...

One example- I have serveral albums from the band "The OC Supertones" which when ripped in Rythmbox and Banshee ended up in folders - "The OC Supertones", "The O.C. Supertones", "OC Supertones", etc... Very irritating...

So, if you are looking for a simple, clean, fast, CD ripper- give Sound Juicer a whirl...

sudo apt-get install sound-juicer

Works for me.
BM

Excedio
July 9th, 2010, 08:17 PM
+1

I love Sound Juicer.

Ceiber Boy
July 9th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Sound juiced is the best by far!

NightwishFan
July 9th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I agree. Though it does not have advanced features I believe it actually uses gstreamer-cdparanoia plugin for error correction.

LeifAndersen
July 9th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Agreed...it really bothered me when Canonical took it out of the default install. In my opinion, especially as I hate most of the default apps, with a few exceptions (one of which is sound juicer).