PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with an unsaved document,Ubuntu 10.4,Openoffice 3.2

Alterzeus
July 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
First of all my congratulations for Ubuntu 10.4 it is more than amazing,

I have installed Ubuntu 10.4 at my laptop (lenovo G530) which includes OpenOffice 3.2 (Oracle).
The problem is that I turned the laptop off without saving a document in Openoffice.Now every time I
open OpenOffice it comes the OpenOffice Document Recovery and asks me to Press "Start Recovery".
The dialog window is too large and I can't move it beyond the top of the screen to find the
"Start Recovery" button.
It goes until the top of the screen and that 's it!Also I can't resize it to a small one.I have tried to "move"
it but it doesn't work.I have autohidden the upper and down bars but nothing!The window is too big to find the
"Press button".
How can i make the window going upper the screen?
Thank you for your time

Devi1903
July 9th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Try using the tab key to move your selection onto the "Start Recovery" button and then press enter.

mikewhatever
July 9th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Try pressing alt and drag the window with the mouse, or alt+f7 and move the mouse. The second one is particularly good if you use the touchpad. Hit alt+f7 again to release the window.

mcduck
July 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
..or hold down the Alt key, that allows you to move a window from any point inside the window instead of just the titlebar.

Alt + left mouse button = move
Alt + middle mouse button = resize

Alterzeus
July 10th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks a lot!