PDA

View Full Version : What to do, Oh what to do!

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I can't leave you guys. But I really need to do something else besides this forum. All I'm asking is some ideas.

Legendary_Bibo
July 9th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Go outside, I would but I live in Arizona, and the temperatures don't drop below 90 degrees (Fahrenheit) until about 2-3am then they start rising again.

You could read a book, watch a movie, go on a different website, play a game, have a conversation with family, friends, or a lady girl. Listen to some music, sleep. Or just get drunk!

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Go outside, I would but I live in Arizona, and the temperatures don't drop below 90 degrees (Fahrenheit) until about 2-3am then they start rising again.

You could read a book, watch a movie, go on a different website, play a game, have a conversation with family, friends, or a lady girl. Listen to some music, sleep. Or just get drunk!

I'll try that when I'm 21 lol.

It's about 80/90 out here, it's summer here. So it's very hot! Also, I have no idea what else to do or to go on. I like manga, however, I speed through them, and their pricey, plus I don't think libraries stock up on manga.

Matthewthegreat
July 9th, 2010, 06:13 AM
learn to juggle.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I can juggle 2 balls. Oh wait, TWSS.

Legendary_Bibo
July 9th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I'll try that when I'm 21 lol.

It's about 80/90 out here, it's summer here. So it's very hot! Also, I have no idea what else to do or to go on. I like manga, however, I speed through them, and their pricey, plus I don't think libraries stock up on manga.

the whole being 21 thing hasn't stopped me :D
yeah summers in arizona are the worst the lowest it gets is 85 at 3am, and it's usually at 115 the whole day.

I know my library has them, but they're in a teen center thing and you can't be over 18.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 06:21 AM
yeah summers in arizona are the worst the lowest it gets is 85 at 3am, and it's usually at 115 the whole day.

I know my library has them, but they're in a teen center thing and you can't be over 18.

Seriously? I've gotta check.

undecim
July 9th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I like manga, however, I speed through them, and their pricey, plus I don't think libraries stock up on manga.

http://www.mangafox.com/

Yarui
July 9th, 2010, 06:36 AM

They don't allow people over 18 to check out certain books? That is ridiculous.

the8thstar
July 9th, 2010, 06:50 AM
So we can assume that you're older than 18 and younger than 21?

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 06:52 AM
So we can assume that you're older than 18 and younger than 21?

You can assume that, but you'd be wrong. I'm 15.

the8thstar
July 9th, 2010, 06:55 AM
You can assume that, but you'd be wrong. I'm 15.

Then what prevents you from raiding the library for mangas then?

Yarui
July 9th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Then what prevents you from raiding the library for mangas then?
That was a different poster that said they don't allow anyone over 18 into that section.

Megrimn
July 9th, 2010, 07:17 AM
You could scrounge deviantArt for some manga - some of it's good, some not.

Lately when I'm not online, I've been doing a lot of diy projects. I made a HDD windchime the other day.

If I am online, I just start Wikapedia-ing anything I can think of. Like Ethanol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol) or dragons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon).

schauerlich
July 9th, 2010, 10:06 AM
http://grab.by/grabs/85e3427e01e32f99286fce8c4a7b8702.png

Ride it.

Giant Speck
July 9th, 2010, 10:40 AM
http://grab.by/grabs/85e3427e01e32f99286fce8c4a7b8702.png

Ride it.

But dude! The outside world is a big, scary place!

He might become a healthier, happier individual with something vaguely resembling a social life!

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 10:47 AM
But dude! The outside world is a big, scary place!

He might become a healthier, happier individual with something vaguely resembling a social life!

Oh no! We don't want that!

szymon_g
July 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
find a girlfriend (or boyfriend)

bryncoles
July 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Lean an instrument? Or a foreign language? Or to draw / paint? Try to take over the world?

Dracona
July 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I can't leave you guys. But I really need to do something else besides this forum. All I'm asking is some ideas.

1. Learn to juggle cats
2. Watch grass grow
3. Teach dog to juggle cats?
4. Learn to play musical instrument
5. Learn to play musical instrument while juggling cats.

I live in a very small DRY town, have to be creative at times.
( no I cant juggle cats.......yet )

Grenage
July 9th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Learn an instrument.. if you like music; it works for me!

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Lean an instrument? Or a foreign language? Or to draw / paint? Try to take over the world?

Actually I really want to learn more Japanese.

KiwiNZ
July 9th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Find the on/off switch for your PC use it more in the Off position. Get outside do things like Mountain Biking, Fishing, Sport , Walking , Talking , Running inter acting .

Remember what you do now is not a dress rehearsal its your real life.

Grenage
July 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Actually I really want to learn more Japanese.

Go take an evening class, assuming there are some available in your area? I took a beginner's and advanced at a college here. They were good fun.

Rasa1111
July 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM
maybe try some tai chi, qi-gong-
some meditation.
you are 'into' the far east..
that would be a great part of the culture to study and learn.
once you start learning about it...
it is the most interesting,
most important thing we can learn i think.
to be able to have total control [or none].lol ,
of the body, the mind and the soul at any given time.
important, crucial, ancient, real stuff...
<3

mkendall
July 9th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Make dinner.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Make dinner.

I make all 3 meals anyways.

Bachstelze
July 9th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Too bad, we could really use a hand here (http://2010.rmll.info/spip.php?lang=en).

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I'm not near there. I couldn't come :/

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM
If you have to ask, you're doing it wrong.

My suggestions echo what showerlick, Giant Speck, and KiwiNZ have already said.

I'd suggest that you turn the computer to "off" as soon as possible, and abandon the indoors for a while (I don't care if it's the middle of Arizona, it's a dry heat), and leave the mp3 players and the Nintendo DS inside.

Go hike your hometown. It's therapeutic beyond recognition.

Also, ITT: Attention-mongering.

Bachstelze
July 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm not near there. I couldn't come :/

Hence "too bad", it's hella fun.

wojox
July 9th, 2010, 12:41 PM
What happened to akebono?

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
What happened to akebono?

akebyebye?

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
It's still in development, I do have a backup of it. I'll get back to work on it. It's NOT a dead project, it's just a project with little progress so far.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 12:46 PM
If you have to ask, you're doing it wrong.

My suggestions echo what showerlick, Giant Speck, and KiwiNZ have already said.

I'd suggest that you turn the computer to "off" as soon as possible, and abandon the indoors for a while (I don't care if it's the middle of Arizona, it's a dry heat), and leave the mp3 players and the Nintendo DS inside.

Go hike your hometown. It's therapeutic beyond recognition.

Also, ITT: Attention-mongering.

Will that take less than 3 hours and 30 minutes? If not I can't do it.

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Will that take less than 3 hours and 30 minutes? If not I can't do it.

hiking your hometown or attention-mongering?

If the former, I guess it would depend on the size of your town, wouldn't it? I doubt it though. Seeing as you're 15, out of school for another few weeks, and are just SO PRESSED FOR TIME, though...

If the latter, I doubt it.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 12:56 PM
hiking your hometown or attention-mongering?

If the former, I guess it would depend on the size of your town, wouldn't it? I doubt it though. Seeing as you're 15, out of school for another few weeks, and are just SO PRESSED FOR TIME, though...

If the latter, I doubt it.

Actually I'm experimenting with polyphasic sleep, and trying the uberman schedule. Meaning every 3 hrs and 30 mins, I take a 20 min nap, and don't sleep a wink during the nighttime. Pretty wild concept huh?

wojox
July 9th, 2010, 12:58 PM
You could always intern somewhere. Gnome and Gnu are right up there in the heart of Bean-town.

Excedio
July 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Actually I'm experimenting with polyphasic sleep, and trying the uberman schedule. Meaning every 3 hrs and 30 mins, I take a 20 min nap, and don't sleep a wink during the nighttime. Pretty wild concept huh?

I would lay down for that nap and not wake up for 8 hours. :-)

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Sounds like a waste of time. Go live dangerously and sleep on a park bench while hiking your hometown.

You live in Boston?

Ten gets you twenty you've never even walked the Freedom Trail, and I'll wager more that you don't really understand the significance of it.

Grenage
July 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I would lay down for that nap and not wake up for 8 hours. :-)

Most people who try out polyphasic sleep do just that. I've never met anyone who carried it off for long.

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Most people who try out polyphasic sleep do just that. I've never met anyone who carried it off for long.

I can imagine that continually doing polyphasic sleep habits would drive one to growing his hair in wild configurations and eating toe-cheese.

forrestcupp
July 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Buy enough trampolines to line up all the way around your house. Then jump from trampoline to trampoline, jumping circles around your house.

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Buy enough trampolines to line up all the way around your house. Then jump from trampoline to trampoline, jumping circles around your house.

That, sir, is crazy fun. My brother and a friend of his did this at the friend's house once, and it was probably the fourth-most fun I've ever had.

forrestcupp
July 9th, 2010, 01:18 PM
That, sir, is crazy fun. My brother and a friend of his did this at the friend's house once, and it was probably the fourth-most fun I've ever had.

You're joking, right? If that's true, that's amazing.

And I was thinking about patenting that idea.

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 01:22 PM
You're joking, right? If that's true, that's amazing.

And I was thinking about patenting that idea.

Didn't go all the way around the house, but he had like six HUGE trampolines all placed in a honeycomb formation. We would jump between them. It was awesome yet hilariously dangerous (holes between the circles can trap legs)

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Call friends, ask them to come hang out. Also, if you're unemployed, find a job.

I like this idea. Playing guitar, or drums is a good pass time for me. There's a wide variety of other instruments you can learn, and it's a lot of fun.

Bublex
July 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM
sounds like a waste of time. Go live dangerously and sleep on a park bench while hiking your hometown.

you live in boston?

Ten gets you twenty you've never even walked the freedom trail, and i'll wager more that you don't really understand the significance of it.

lol

The Real Dave
July 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM

Then bring yourself a sleeping bag on the hike. Rough it for a bit :)

Personally, I like going for a drink with my mates. I'm 17, so underage in Ireland, but where there's a will there's a way.

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 01:53 PM

I remember a friend from college talking about that a few months ago. That would ruin the ability to do anything other than stay at home and do nothing. Want a job? Can't happen, your boss isn't going to let you sleep for 40 minutes if you're working an 8 hour day. School? Like your teachers will let you sleep. Then if you want to go out anywhere, you only have 3 and a half hours to go and do it. What a pain.

So if you are really wanting to get out and do stuff, I would recommend sticking to normal sleep schedule

undecim
July 9th, 2010, 02:06 PM

I did it in HS. When I first tried it, I did that on the second day and had to go back to a normal schedule for a couple days before trying again. Got it right the second time :)

And when on that schedule, you need to have a lot to do. You have an extra 6 hours per day to do something, so you get a lot done.

CharlesA
July 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM
+1 for a normal sleep schedule.

Hiking is great exercise and usually they are pretty good for taking photos and whatnot.

sandyd
July 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM
go learn how to play electric guitar. its fun, really.

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
BUT GUYS.

Sleeping in a weird cycle that nobody else sleeps in will afford him the opportunity to become more like . . .

forget it. I don't even know. That's not even nonconformist. It's just silly.

CharlesA
July 9th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I don't really know why you'd want to be up in the middle of the night. You can't really get much done (imho) since most stores and whatnot aren't open 24/7.

MCVenom
July 9th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Watch anime. Strike Witches Season Two started two days ago, and Angel Beats was awesome :P

If you haven't already, play Cave St- oh wait, no you have, you PM'd me about my avatar :lolflag:

Computer/Linux stuff: Set up a Gentoo system. Then do Linux From Scratch. You can nap on your keyboard ;)

Real world stuff: For better or worse, going out for a beer isn't quite available to us :lolflag:

Go hang with some friends, maybe at the mall or something; go walk around your neighborhood/town/city; Go to the gym and work out (I've been doing that recently); you know, anything that's available to you :D

PS: The sleep schedule thing looks pretty interesting, I'll have to look into that :D

renkinjutsu
July 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Roam around town with a laptop with you to map all the free wifi hotspots

MCVenom
July 9th, 2010, 03:15 PM
BUT GUYS.

Sleeping in a weird cycle that nobody else sleeps in will afford him the opportunity to become more like . . .

forget it. I don't even know. That's not even nonconformist. It's just silly.
Then why waste the bytes on someone who obviously isn't worthy of it, oh great Mr. Green? :p

Tristam Green
July 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Then why waste the bytes on someone who obviously isn't worthy of it, oh great Mr. Green? :p

HEY.

I never said I was great, just that dragos is all kinds of silly.

MCVenom
July 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
HEY.

I never said I was great, just that dragos is all kinds of silly.
Alrighty then :P

Personally I couldn't do it. Makes sleeping seem like much more effort than it has to be :p

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Watch anime. Strike Witches Season Two started two days ago, and Angel Beats was awesome :P

If you haven't already, play Cave St- oh wait, no you have, you PM'd me about my avatar :lolflag:

Computer/Linux stuff: Set up a Gentoo system. Then do Linux From Scratch. You can nap on your keyboard ;)

Real world stuff: For better or worse, going out for a beer isn't quite available to us :lolflag:

Go hang with some friends, maybe at the mall or something; go walk around your neighborhood/town/city; Go to the gym and work out (I've been doing that recently); you know, anything that's available to you :D

PS: The sleep schedule thing looks pretty interesting, I'll have to look into that :D

I watch anime, I'm halfway through cave story, I've used gentoo, I'm building a LFS, I nap in my bed.

koenn
July 9th, 2010, 03:55 PM
2. Watch grass grow

excellent idea. Very relaxing, especially on hot summer days.

CharlesA
July 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Having a BBQ while watching the grass grow sounds... nice.

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
excellent idea. Very relaxing, especially on hot summer days.

Watching paint dry is vastly supperior

JDShu
July 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Take up running or some other sport - I personally like ultimate and soccer. The human body peaks at about 18-22, don't waste that :P

Since you're into computers, you can learn some programming and start a personal project. I'm doing this and it is very satisfying. You could also do some independent reading regarding computers.

And you say you burn through manga, but so do I and I still manage to find new series' to waste my time with. For the past week I've been reading Zettai Karen Children, a few weeks ago, Arata Kangatari, and a few weeks before that, Id. Id and ZKC are 200+ chapters so far. You can find them all on onemanga. Plus with the speed of scanlators these days, you get pretty much a new chapter of some manga every day. I never have too little manga to read, and often dangerously too much :P

koenn
July 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Watching paint dry is vastly supperior

Er, no
Maybe with green paint. You're underestimating the relaxing effect of the color green.

Also, watching grass grow, when done right, is an outdoor activity. Outdoor activities expose you to sunlight and oxygen, which helps against gloomy feelings and boredom.
Watching paint dry is often an indoor activity, so you miss some of those benifits.

With some paints, you get the side effect of inhaling solvents, which may induce a temporary feeling of well-being, but you risk a hangover, which then will make matters even worse.

A plus of watching paint dry is that some paint dries in patterns, which can be intellectually stimulating to watch.

But overall, I think watching grass grow is the better choice.

Grenage
July 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM
You're underestimating the relaxing effect of the color green.

I think you're underestimating the sarcastic effect of Ricemonster.

Twitch6000
July 9th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Getting a life is an idea. The world is a very fun and relaxing place :).

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Er, no
Maybe with green paint. You're underestimating the relaxing effect of the color green.

Also, watching grass grow, when done right, is an outdoor activity. Outdoor activities expose you to sunlight and oxygen, which helps against gloomy feelings and boredom.
Watching paint dry is often an indoor activity, so you miss some of those benifits.

With some paints, you get the side effect of inhaling solvents, which may induce a temporary feeling of well-being, but you risk a hangover, which then will make matters even worse.

A plus of watching paint dry is that some paint dries in patterns, which can be intellectually stimulating to watch.

But watching paint dry is not as restrictive as watching grass grow. With paint, I may choose any color I like, and I may watch paint dry at any time of the year. Watching grass grow is limited to the color green and the summer.

Watching paint dry is also not limited to indoors as you said. In fact, I may choose to paint my garage door and watch paint dry on a nice day, or I may paint my living room wall and watch it inside in poor weather. Grass can only be watched growing in nice wheather, out doors.

Also, be careful of pesticides when watching grass grow. They can be dangerous to your health.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 04:45 PM
But watching paint dry is not as restrictive as watching grass grow. With paint, I may choose any color I like, and I may watch paint dry at any time of the year. Watching grass grow is limited to the color green and the summer.

Watching paint dry is also not limited to indoors as you said. In fact, I may choose to paint my garage door and watch paint dry on a nice day, or I may paint my living room wall and watch it inside in poor weather. Grass can only be watched growing in nice wheather, out doors.

Also, be careful of pesticides when watching grass grow. They can be dangerous to your health.

What about lead paint?

undecim
July 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Er, no

I do both at once. Just get some eco-friendly yellow paint and paint the top of your lawn with it. This gives you both the relaxing effect of the color green (from the bottom part of the grass, which didn't get painted) and the happy effect of the yellow.

If you do this though, be sure to paint only parts of your lawn at a time and don't paint to same spot two days in a row. The paint blocks part of the sunlight and continually choking your grass like that will just leave you with a dead spot in your lawn.

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 05:33 PM
What about lead paint?

Probably not a good idea, but it could be fun!

koenn
July 9th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I think you're underestimating the sarcastic effect of Ricemonster.

I think you don't get my humour

koenn
July 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I do both at once. Just get some eco-friendly yellow paint and paint the top of your lawn with it. This gives you both the relaxing effect of the color green (from the bottom part of the grass, which didn't get painted) and the happy effect of the yellow.

If you do this though, be sure to paint only parts of your lawn at a time and don't paint to same spot two days in a row. The paint blocks part of the sunlight and continually choking your grass like that will just leave you with a dead spot in your lawn.
lol
If I run out of things to do this summer, I might give it a try :)

cariboo
July 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM
What happened to the job?

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 05:57 PM
What happened to the job?

That summer job? I applied about 2 months back. I have yet to receive any word.

Grenage
July 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I think you don't get my humour

I realised that was the case shortly afterwards.

Swagman
July 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
When you get through the long intro...pay attention to the lyrics... and emulate them.

Sorry about it being out of sync

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFlOkhQuOc

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 06:03 PM
When you get through the long intro...pay attention to the lyrics... and emulate them.

Sorry about it being out of sync

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFlOkhQuOc

I prefer this much more. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCNEjixQQsg)

koenn
July 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM

you have a point there re. watching paint dry, but in the context of this thread - teenage boredom - the outdoor effects are important, It could be argued that watching paint dry is a winter/indoor substitute for watching grass grow, not unlike indoor winter training for sports that are usually practiced outdoors.

Although paint has the advantage of offering multiple colors, the color green is the one that really matters, again in context of teenage boredom, although a combination of green and yellow, maybe orange, has been said to work even better in some cases.

Painting the lawn to simultaneously watch grass grow and paint dry may well be an exiting new discipline. I haven't tried it myself but I've heard very positive reports from people who did.

It should be noted, though, that it is not really required to do the actual painting yourself; watching paint dry can, and should, be distinghuished from the actual painting. It's perfectly possible to let someone else do the painting, in fact I'd recommended, because watching people work can also be very enjoyable.

Swagman
July 9th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I prefer this much more. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCNEjixQQsg)

That's almost certainly why you haven't a clue what to do with your life !!

lol

koenn
July 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM
What about lead paint?
dries faster, you'd have to really pay attention.

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
That summer job? I applied about 2 months back. I have yet to receive any word.

That means you should probably apply to other places as well. You usually have to apply for a number of jobs before you get anything.

Rasa1111
July 9th, 2010, 08:37 PM
That's almost certainly why you haven't a clue what to do with your life !!

lol

lol :lol: +1

so i take it the meditation/Tai Chi thing is out of the kwestion huh, dragos? lol

oh well, I tried. :rolleyes:](*,)
someday you will See. lol

Nano Geek
July 9th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Go out your front door, run until you hit something, turn 90 degrees and repeat. :)

Superkoop
July 9th, 2010, 09:00 PM
You have a summer, and you don't know what to spend your time doing?
Meaning you have extra time?
Can I buy some of it? I could really use it. There are so many things I want to do, but just don't have the time to do them. For instance, this summer I wanted to do the following:

Learn to play a mediocre difficulty piece on the piano. (Don't have enough time, won't happen this summer.)
Learn to play Guitar. (No time, not happening.)
Read, a lot. (Some of this is happening, because I really like reading, but it won't all happen.)
Work (This happens, so I don't have much of a choice.)
Sleep more. (This is tough when you stay up until 3 in the morning, and get up at 7 or 6)
Become capable of walking on hands. (I can stand, but I don't have enough time to practice so I never make progress.)
Do some pixel graphics for an open source video game. (I don't want to start anything I can't finish this year.)
Hang out with friend[s]. (This happens, because I really like it happening...though I hardly have the time.)
Girls. (This happens, it's like work, I have no choice. ;))

The world is full of adventure, just open your door! :)

"Life consists of the interruptions to what you normally set out to do."

ov3rcl0ck
July 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Learning Music, isn't so much of a hobby than playing it. However if your into this whole Post Hardcore and New Rock thing, its pretty easy to learn power chord and making trashy sounding music.

On a lighter note, you can learn programming. I recommend python, easy to learn, and it makes programming fun again.

Play games. Heres some linux native games:

Gilfor's Tales (http://gilforstales.com/game)
Regnum Online (http://regnumonline.com.ar)
Eternal Lands
The Mana World
Battle for Wesnoth
Urban Terror (http://www.urbanterror.info/)
Glest
Planeshift (http://planeshift.it)
Larkinor

Chat in IRC, Mumble Voice Chat, etc.

If all else fails, shave your cat.

nerdy_kid
July 9th, 2010, 10:24 PM
i get in moods like this now and then, and as horrible as it sounds the best cure is WORK. (im 16) lol maybe you should do some painting! (and of course dont forget to watch it dry!)

Timmer1240
July 9th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Get a job da da da da da da da da da da blip blip blip blip blip blip blip blip get a job!

mr-woof
July 9th, 2010, 11:07 PM
go the pub! :)

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 11:29 PM
go the pub! :)
Again, not 21

urukrama
July 10th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but from reading your responses in this thread it seems you don't really want to change. If your problem is that you spent too much time on these forums, the most efficient way to stop this is by stepping away from your computer (and, I would add, other things that are very similar in nature to a computer or these forums).

The only thing I've seen you take seriously in this thread is watching anime. Every other suggestion you either don't seem to take into consideration, do not take seriously, or come up with excuses.

Go and do something you really like, or something you've always thought you might like. If you don't know what that is, start doing things to find out whether you like them.

Learn a new language. Go to instructables.com and learn to build something. Pick up a new sport. learn a new musical instrument. Repaint your bike or your room. Do some gardening. Learn to play chess. Read some good books. Go and hang out with friends. Get into astronomy and watch the stars. Learn new things to cook. Start meditation. Go geocaching. Volunteer for a charity.

The list is absolutely endless if you are serious about finding something new to do. But the first thing you need to do is to log out of these forums, turn of your computer and get busy.

dragos240
July 10th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but from reading your responses in this thread it seems you don't really want to change. If your problem is that you spent too much time on these forums, the most efficient way to stop this is by stepping away from your computer (and, I would add, other things that are very similar in nature to a computer or these forums).

The only thing I've seen you take seriously in this thread is watching anime. Every other suggestion you either don't seem to take into consideration, do not take seriously, or come up with excuses.

Go and do something you really like, or something you've always thought you might like. If you don't know what that is, start doing things to find out whether you like them.

Learn a new language. Go to instructables.com and learn to build something. Pick up a new sport. learn a new musical instrument. Repaint your bike or your room. Do some gardening. Learn to play chess. Read some good books. Go and hang out with friends. Get into astronomy and watch the stars. Learn new things to cook. Start meditation. Go geocaching. Volunteer for a charity.

The list is absolutely endless if you are serious about finding something new to do. But the first thing you need to do is to log out of these forums, turn of your computer and get busy.

Yeah, I think I'll study some Japanese. Maybe try some meditation because it was mentioned earlier, and also perhaps learn some Japanese culture.

mikkie
July 10th, 2010, 12:41 AM
OP, take your time, nad DO NOT drink or whatever in UBUNTU. Обичам те, Linux глупаче:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N5Av2FY914
Лол

The Real Dave
July 10th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I'm gonna +1 urukarama's idea of of volunteering for a charity, well, everything he said really. Working with charities is really rewarding, both for you as a person, and for those your helping.

I spent ~40 weeks working an hour a day in a local charity shop, I've done sponsored walks and hikes, and have even done the whole selling stuff on the street.

You meet some great and diverse people, who are always glad of any assistance you can give, however little. It's also a great way of gaining valuable work experience, in my case working as a shop keeper. It looks good on a CV too.

Go out, give some of your time, and give back to your community. This is the ubuntu forums after all ;)