PDA

View Full Version : Recently changed web hosts, because customer support was, uh, lacking...

Version Dependency
July 9th, 2010, 03:06 AM
I had a dedicated server (running CentOS) that ran about a dozen websites of mine. On the 5th of July, I noticed all my sites were broken...all submit pages, contact forms, admin logins, etc on all my sites were throwing up session errors. I had not changed anything on this server in awhile, so I figured that the host changed or upgraded something. So I submit a ticket for support.

To make a long story short, I got a couple of responses (from a guy named Arjun -- I'm in the US so right away this doesn't look good) on the 6th saying they were looking into the problem. On the 7th, still not fixed. I ask them if this is still being looked into, and what is the holdup. I did not receive a response after waiting several few hours. So I ordered a new server with a different host and began transferring my sites. My new host sets up the server in a couple of hours, and it takes me three or four hours more to move all of my sites.

Now here comes the kicker! I got a response from my support ticket this morning (from Ghassan) telling me that all my sites appear to be up and operational, and he asked if I still needed support for anything. It's been three days since I submitted the support ticket! My reply: "Yea...my sites are operational...because they are not hosted by you anymore."

Sporkman
July 9th, 2010, 03:22 AM
(from Ghassan)

Ghassan Awad?