PDA

View Full Version : So i'm 22 on the 30th...

ELD
July 9th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I officially have no idea what to do, i don't want another birthday i don't remember so getting wasted is out of the question.

Any thoughts for something cheap and cheerful for me and the girlfriend to do?

lisati
July 9th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Maybe a candle-lit dinner or something of that nature. If that's too "mushy", maybe an evening on the town.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 01:19 AM
My idea of fun is trolling the interwebz. But I would say just go on a small vacation together.

murderslastcrow
July 9th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Yeah, go out. Then you'll have a place or activity to associate with it later, rather than just a same old day at home. It's your b-day, just do something that sounds fun to you (that your girlfriend would also enjoy, of course). It's better to have fun than to plan something official.

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 01:32 AM
A birthday where you don't get wasted? I'm not following.

lisati
July 9th, 2010, 01:36 AM
A birthday where you don't get wasted? I'm not following.

I'm still trying to remember my 25th, and in a few months as many years again will have passed. By all means enjoy, but it's better if you can actually remember it.

Warpnow
July 9th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I'm still trying to remember my 25th, and in a few months as many years again will have passed. By all means enjoy, but it's better if you can actually remember it.

Spend the night at a hotel a few hours away near something cool.

arsenic23
July 9th, 2010, 02:03 AM
How about camping?

My birthday is also near and I have quite the intention of spending the weekend paddling downriver.

Linye
July 9th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I would say a nice day at the beach but I don't know if you got one close.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I would say a nice day at the beach but I don't know if you got one close.

Also don't go to the southern eastern beaches in north america. I've heard the water's a bit oily ;).

bigseb
July 9th, 2010, 09:54 AM
We normally hit the great outdoors. Both the wifey and I are avid hikers and campers so we like to go out real early, hike up a mountain or somewhere and enjoy a breakfast with a beautiful view..

Paqman
July 9th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Any thoughts for something cheap and cheerful for me and the girlfriend to do?

Scuba jousting.

dragos240
July 9th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Wat

The Real Dave
July 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Go to a theatre, if you into that kind of thing. Old theatres are quite romantic.

Go book a room in a hotel or lodge out of the way, somewhere with scenery and one of those nice rustic cozy feelings. Perhaps by the sea. Explore the locality, go to a pub, have a drink, and meet some new people. Try to stay away from tourist traps, and have somewhere where you can grow nice memories.

ELD
July 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Well it was eventually decided to go cinema, Predators it is!

Excedio
July 9th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Did this (http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d200/images/DSC_3008-skydive.jpg) on my 25th birthday. Totally worth it.

Nano Geek
July 9th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Scuba jousting.
Where can I sign up? :)