PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] lock field blank

u_kapaley256
July 8th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Hi all,
I am using kubuntu lucid.Whenever i lock the screen and want to unlock the window for password entry is just a grey patch on the black screen.I am able to login but it would be nice to see it the way it should be .....

Thanks
Udayan

u_kapaley256
July 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
Nobody replies to any of my posts so i might as well keep it going alone....

So one day my system started screwing over really bad and i saw a zombie nepomuk process so i pgrep-ed for it and found like 8 processes named nepomuk , killed them all and now the lock field is all glorious as before....

Any explanations would be welcome....but don't depend on me for that...

ankspo71
July 21st, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hi,
I saw your post a week ago, but I had no idea what the problem might be. I'm glad you got the problem sorted out on your own though. Being that it seems a littler harder for us Kubuntu users to get the kde realated help or advice we need here, (I'm not complaining, I'm just saying), I think it is also a good idea for us to use http://www.kubuntuforums.net/ too. Don't hesitate to post a duplicate question either... I mean one question over here and the same question over there. This forum has more traffic (by far), and will always be valuable to kubuntu users, but the other forum is more suitable for Kubuntu and KDE type questions.
Hope this helps any future problems.

u_kapaley256
July 21st, 2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks ........ cya there :)