PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody seed a torrent?

Viva
July 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I need somebody to seed a torrent for me. The file is a wikipedia dump and quite large(over 2 GB). I'll be grateful if somebody can help me out with this one.

http://tmp.kiwix.org/zim/0.9/wikipedia_en_wp1_0.7_30000+_05_2009_beta3.zim

I've already downloaded the file, but the download was broken due to my faulty ram. Torrent clients can resume broken downloads, but the website is not providing any torrent links:(

marshmallow1304
July 8th, 2010, 10:34 PM
So, if I'm understanding correctly, you have the file, but it's corrupted. You need someone to download it, create a torrent, and seed the torrent to you so that the torrent client can throw out the bad data and replace it instead of downloading the entire file again.

Edit: Alright, all set. The torrent I made has the download link set up as a webseed, so make sure you use a client that supports it (Deluge, KTorrent, and Transmission, to name a few).

Edit: Attachment removed - no longer necessary as OP has finished the download.

Viva
July 9th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Thank you! I'm downloading it right now.

Viva
July 9th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Thank you, it worked! You saved me a lot of time and bandwidth.

marshmallow1304
July 9th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Thank you, it worked! You saved me a lot of time and bandwidth.

Glad to be of assistance. I take this to mean that you're done downloading? Interesting. I wonder who's downloading it now.

Viva
July 9th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Some Japanese Guy. Also, I had another anonymous person seeding the file besides you.